PCARS Season 2 - Div 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yes it can, mine is a total new kind of corrupt this week though. It has many of the driver's cars and names mixed up. I also watched a close race I was having with Seth from several views when all of a sudden his car ghosted and wouldn't show up again until I restarted the replay! This game has fixed a whole lot of bugs but introduces new ones often. That said, it's still a lot of fun when it all works well.
    Zachery likes this.
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    we certainly had some close racing for a while, though I did feel you were pushing way too hard on worn tyres as I came out of the pits and started catching you for a round 2 battle, and felt a nice bump from behind after getting past you and before the next braking point :p

what wheel do you use?
  3. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Yeah sorry about that, thought I had the run on you through the Esses and was far enough up the inside to make the move stick, turns out my car got really loose over the bumps coming down the hill on worn tyres. Regardless, I gave you the place back and dived into the pits that lap for some fresh rubber.

I use a Logitech G29, had it since Christmas, haven't had any issues with it until last night. Really not sure if it's a PCARS/ps4 glitch or a hardware issue with the wheel in which the paddle is becoming more worn than the downshift (if that's the case, I'll be asking for a new one because it's still under warranty and its worn far to quickly under normal use
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    oh looks like another logitech bites the dust :p yeah get it replaced now while it's still under warranty, even if there's nothing wrong with it. because it seems they break down quite frequently. my T300's 1yr birthday is coming up soon, glad it's given me no problems so far.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Nah there wasn't a rant, just thought I would get in first in case it did happen lol

As I said, I wasn't sure who the car was and didn't want them thinking that I was the cause of their off is all :)
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I saw that from the back and immediately thought "WTF".. Didn't thin we had funny cars in this game.
  7. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Neither did I, although PCARS never fails to amuse me with its numerous glitches. Seemingly all well and funny, until it happens to you.....
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    @Hatfield not that I am too concerned as far as points go, but I did start the race and got disconnected on lap 16 at Sonoma.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will update my end. No one said anything until now so...
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  13. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    2nd last race of the season tonight guys, and the last race before we take a break over easter. I've been very busy this weekend and havent done any laps at all yet, so race will likely be the first time i get some laps under my belt. Will try and have the room up before 8pm AEDT, but hopefully 8pm AEDT will be the latest i get it up. Planning to start quali at 8:15, and get race underway at 8:30.

We were missing a few last week, so hopefully we can get the grid filled back up again tonight. @Bevo_17 is your internet sorted for tonight? @Bastian Dalziel @Raedonwolf @mitchymoo09 haven't seen you guys all season, will you be there tonight?
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Should be there. No laps for me either. Busy Saturday and UFC at the Entertainment Centre today.
  15. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Will be in online and setting up the room at about 7:45 AEDT tonight. Please guys be online tOnight as soon as you can, I have had a couple of issues with my net during the day, but hoping they are resolved. Sooner we are online, sooner we can asses whether my net is stable enough too host, or even race tonight
  16. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Div 4 Room Open!
    webnomad likes this.
  17. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Weird, my screen showed Colin in 7th and me in 8th.

And sorry for the bump at the last corner purple, but it was pretty much unavoidable with you coming back on at the apex.

My race, as usual, started out well, but then pushed way too hard on cold rubber and paid the price. From 4th to 9th in half a lap by my own hand :poop: that and due to zero practice, I was trying to tune the car in prac/qualifying...
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  19. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Frustrated, dissapointed, bit over it. All words that describe my feelings right now. 2nd time in as many weeks there's been a start line incident, and I've been taken out as a result. In the 4 races I've raced on PCARS this season, 3 of them have had t1 incidents. Sorry guys, but it's just not acceptable that we should keep having these incidents. I know it's harder to race cleanly on PCARS because of the stupid collision physics but surely we can all understand this and take more care into t1 to ensure we don't have these sorts of incidents and it effectively ruin others drivers races.

Anyway, as for the actual race itself, I really like the oulton park track, it seems to suit my driving style well and I thought I would do reasonably well here, turns out not so much. Qualified down in 6th, am still having issues with the up shift paddle on my wheel, so I was forced to use my h pattern shifter which I don't normally use for Sunday league races, hence I was a little out of my comfort zone.

Race: 9th, start of the race I was slightly owverwhelmed with remembering to get my car in gear with the h pattern and get it off the line as quickly as possible. Had a bad start, failing to get my car off the line quickly and as a result was collected in an unavoidable t1 incident. Dropped me right down to last. Over the next few laps I was starting my recovery drive, but soon i spun at turn 1. After that spin, I failed to get myself into a rhythm and every few laps I'd be catching the car in front of me, and then have a spin. In the end, finished 2 laps down. Very dissapointing and frustrating race for me. To be honest, a race I absolutely hated and one I never want to have again. Looking forward to a better turn out and better result come hockenheim in 2 weeks time.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    sorry i was a no show last night guys, family do went for much longer than i thought it would. see you guys in 2 weeks
    Nathancarhead likes this.