Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Qualifying - 7th

First two flying laps I stuffed up, so I finally got my good one right at the end (which got provisional 5th - and I got pipped by two others). I was still happy with that, expecting a tough race ahead anyway with the weather.

Race - 10th

Establishing first the intention that my language herein falls short of condemnation, blame or official reproach, I'm not happy with the fact that we restarted the race. Putting aside the reasons why I'm not happy about it (I got a better start the first time, and the weather looked to be heaps better than what we got on the restart), it shouldn't have happened at all. It shouldn't have happened at all because, procedurally, when you ask whether everyone is in the proper position via the chat, and I then immediately reply 'no' (that is all I wrote in the first message - go and check the tapes if you have them) which is the shortest message I could reasonably type out quickly using a D-pad function keyboard on a PlayStation, it should be expected that you don't start the race. As soon as I finished typing 'no', and that message was sent, I immediately began typing out 'nstozza is out of pos', which is hard to do on a Ferrari T500. But the race was already started, so it was too late.

So all I'm saying is, there's just a little more room to tighten up the pre-race procedures, because that was very avoidable and silly, to the detriment of the race we had. ~Rant over~
    -
    That said, the restart certainly wasn't the reason why the my race went terribly; I only have my own performance to blame for that...

On the restart, it went alright, but then I thought my data was glitched, as I frankly couldn't believe that the track was 0% dry. There were parts of the track where I just completely lost the rear, and there was no warning that it was going to happen. It kept happening repeatedly over the space of three laps, and then that was my race. No more more positions lost or gained, as then when the rain finally subsided, I could match the leaders pace quite easily (obviously going a few tenths slower, but I was dawdling because there was no incentive for me to push at the max and I had minimal adrenaline...).

0% should mean the track is less than 1 part of 100 parts dry, which is very bone dry... That's an absurd lie if that sort of water can make you lose traction repeatedly. It's just dumb, but as StigsTC wisely said, I'll just add this race to my knowledge of how stupid the weather system is and hopefully not repeat the same mistake next season, because this has irrevocably 'effed' my season and it just plain sucks, because the past three races were flawless on my part. On a positive note, I'll be finished exams next Sunday and all following so I should be able to keep my commitment levels high (if that weren't the case, I wouldn't hesitate to take another season wipe and stop practising).
    warrior2167 and SPL Racing like this.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 4 results are provisional until further notice.

I apologize for starting the race without reading your comment in the chat box, as I must have missed it. I do remember @warrior2167 giving the go-ahead, which was the reason I started the race.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    in regards to the track %

I have said it before and will say again.

0% track wetness is for the racing line. driving line=racing line
    So off the driving line, there will be puddles that turn you around. You can see when the track is actually dry, when the spray from your tyres disappears.
  4. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Difficult race last night. With no prac I knew my pace in qualifying would be rather average. Race pace however was a different story with on the dry track making some good ground on Dave, might have even been able to close that small gap had I not made a small error at turn 4 and spun off-line.

Regardless, P4 bagged some more valuable points for the championship and coming into the next 2 rounds confident of some more good results after uni exams are over. Well done Dave on a dominating win and Stigs and Bob on podium. Cheers all. :thumbsup:
    warrior2167 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    On count back of current dropped round you are still 1 point ahead.
  6. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I almost had a really good race!
    Was trying to battle @Crunch but there was some lag, enough for a few Phantom taps, not sure how many you felt? Couldn't find a way past @Bryan_F until he pitted, good fun trying though!
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Did someone say lag? There was a massive lag spike on Lap 10 for me so I have no idea what my internet thought it was doing, but we got some great results:
    Honourable mention to Bob for smashing into the wall on the exit of 4 to return with a speed of 556km/h.
    But the winner was Holdenman with an all time record of 615km/h.
    [​IMG]
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    And he is still only in 4th gear.:eek:
    Crunch likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my mouse lagged trying to like stigs post of holden's speed
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    yet i still couldnt keep up with most of the div1 drivers, abismal laps times by me last night
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Yeah thankfully, however last round will need to be my guaranteed drop as I will be away on holidays. So I need to make the next 2 count big time.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Well we already knew the HSV's gearbox was too long in stock form...
  13. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I noticed lag spikes occasionally too throughout the race. First race start was looking good thanks to being one of the few on intermediates. Then the race had to be restarted and I forgot to switch tyres. Top 8 finish potential was gone after that. at least I had both semi decent speed and consistency this round instead of just one of them.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Before the race I only saw that nstozza was out of position after I signaled bryan to start. Didn't check twice, but I thought I saw him in the correct position before and maybe he crept up after ? I tried to type too, but the timer beat me.

I only thought the race needed a restart after nicko's message as it looked like a few guys were affected by his start. We got it sorted eventually and just the randomness of the weather hurt a few people, who could have had the 1st race fall in their favour.
    Stozz and Crunch like this.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I think I got away with one last night, I had a sticky throttle throughout that race. Had the conditions been full wet or dried a lot sooner I wouldn't have been able to challenged for the win. The single dry line in the first half helped because I didn't have to attack the braking zones and could sort of coast on the entry. Well done to Stigs and bob for completing the podium.

Pedals will need a rebuild this week
    AUSnicko9 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  16. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Ready to make my comeback thiss weekend!:D:D:D:D
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 4 results are now final. No changes in position.
  18. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    was watching the replay earlier, looked like stozza had a run in with some lag, bad luck mate
    Stozz likes this.
  19. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

You get that sometimes not much i could do i was already hard on the brakes
  20. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Yeah sorry about that guys still learning the format