Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yes
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I didn't see anything wrong with that. From the previous corner I could't clear your car completely, so I had to leave a lane on the inside. You had the better exit and would have had the inside run to line anyway.
    Crunch likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Weather round this week, so please take 5 mins to read the following to be up on the procedures for this event.

[​IMG]

TYRES : Racing Mediums/Inters/Wets
    You may start on any of the 3 tyres listed above, but be aware that when the track resets for the start of the race, the track wetness will go back to 0% regardless of what it does during qualifying. After that it is random what will happen.
    We have found that the Mediums are drivable until about 30% track wetness where they will them become like ice.
    Inters are better than wets up until about 70% track wetness
    If the track dries after being wet, even though track wetness shows 0%, there will still be 'puddles' off the racing line (determined by the driving line) and if you have the mediums on, there is a good chance to spin if you are off line.

QUALIFYING : Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.
    Choosing anything other than Mediums to start on is a gamble as we do not know if it will continue to rain and if it does, for how long.

TRACK LIMITS : Simple enough here with only Turn 13-14 with the ability to cut. Obviously, 2 wheels on the ripple strip applies.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : practice your entries and don't cut the lines on entry/exit
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : should be off in the room settings
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or emmo.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum. Blowing up in either will result in any protests from you being immediately dismissed!
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up off track and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So qualifying is effectively one-shot and whoever is at the head of pitlane will have best conditions?
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    depends if it starts raining more after the reset for qualifying.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It would be advisable to get out early though.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So I guess nobody liked the fixed 100% wet qualifying from last season?
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    loved it 2 seasons ago at midfield reverse, at the very least it was a level playing field
    bmx_mtb_boy, incey and StigsTC like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    last season wasn't 100% track wetness.
    Also it was exactly the same settings as the race settings
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    last season wasn't 100% track wetness.
    Also it was exactly the same settings as the race settings
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    (I wiped that race from my memory after the 2nd lap DC that lasted so long people thought we disconnected mid way through lap 3.)
    I meant the SLS season. Either way the weather was fixed the last two seasons in qualifying giving everyone 10 minutes to set a lap in the same conditions.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a poor memory so maybe you are right... I will check tomorrow and confirm if we will do the same
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    (I apologise for constantly making problems by asking many questions)
    Race conditions for last season were fixed wet, so we are both correct, in that for Season 10; Qual = Race which meant the Qualifying weather was fixed at a certain %.
    In S9 it was fixed wet with the race going on with variable weather however.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Stozz likes this.
  17. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Thanks I'll get on today and send bryan a message thanks again for letting me join
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated qualifying for Motegi above

QUALIFYING : Room Captains should set the Weather and Track Wetness to 100%, and changeability to Fixed for qualifying.
    After 10 mins qualifying record results and change Weather to 70%, Track Wetness to 0% and changeability to 4.
    Then lineup on track in order of qualifying results putting on the tyres you wish to start on.
    Choosing anything other than Mediums to start on is a gamble as we do not know if it will continue to rain and if it does, for how long.
    bmx_mtb_boy, StigsTC and Stozz like this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Still suffering from severe issues so I'm out.
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 4 results
    Pole: @warrior2167
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(My first ever fastest lap in a ROOZ league race :))