Season 11 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    No guarantee I'll be racing this weekend. Had 2 router failures in less than a week (1 custom PC based router and 1 old, cheap ISP supplied router). Gonna try cobble something together out of the working PC parts I have left.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Driver briefing for R5 at Fuji.

[​IMG]

PIT EXIT / ENTRY : All drivers MUST use the proper pit entry/exit. Drivers cutting the lines will receive a penalty.
    TRACK LIMITS : Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There is a lot of run-off here, so be especially careful rejoining to not get in the way of someone.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or @emmo46 ....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up off track and pause to ghost, and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stozz likes this.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Is crossing this line into the pitlane still permitted like in Season 8?
    [​IMG]
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No. You cannot cut the pit lines.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  6. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Was heading for an 8th place finish then had to abandon the race thanks to an almighty earthquake which shook the house and cut the power. not a good way to be disconnected but could have been a whole lot worse.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    hectic. hope everythings ok
    natmanscoop likes this.
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    natmanscoop and B-Spec Bob like this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    :eek: Hope you're OK.
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  11. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Cheers guys. I'm ok. Unexpected way to exit a race. Also first disconnect from a rooz race for me too.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Qualifying - 3rd

Pleased with the lap, but could have gone faster. Very happy regardless.

Race - 3rd

I forget my start, but it was little cat and mouse as Warrior and Bob would get a one second lead, and I'd come back and mount a pass, only to get a little unstable and lose a one second gap again. This happened three times I remember correctly. It was pretty fun, but then at around lap 18, they pulled a large gap and I don't really know whether they were easier on their tyres, or whether I was misgauging where the limit was on heavily worn tyres.

Pitted comparatively early to lock in 3rd place, as while I felt I was capable of closing the gap ahead, it would have put me through a lot of stress and being an endurance race, I felt at that point it was easier to just hold onto 3rd place.

I flirted with danger against @lets_party-1611 but I was never concerned.

Just good to have another solid race as opposed to what happened last week. I'm also hoping to close out the championship strong now.

Commiserations to the earthquake people. That might have been scary and disappointing in equal measure.
  13. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Most disappointing race for me so far this season. I was at least a second off the pace, and frustratingly, I didn't know exactly where I was losing time. To boot, I lacked consistency. I tried to go for an undercut for a chance of a podium, but didn't have the pace to effectively defend it. I did have a good tussle with @holdenman05 in the early stages, though.

Looking forward to the change of scenery next week.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's Fuji mate... You could be doing the lap of the gods and be a second off the pace, only for the next one to be a very scruffy lap and find yourself setting the times purple...
    StigsTC and REVO_Bryan like this.
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I think I was DC'd off the back of @holdenman05 dropping out, glad to hear our NZ compadres are ok
    holdenman05 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results anybody, lap and race times?
  17. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  18. REVO_Bryan