GT6 SILVER HTO SUPER GT SERIES SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    @VARDZ Are you going to tell us the new power penalties? or are we all on full power for the final round?!? :D
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    thanks, but I thought penalties were halved for final race?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    they were...but now they are not as it hasn't made a huge dent to the faster guys anyway
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I see! Well at least I know. It has been making a difference in silver. But then again aside from a certain Supra (not the driver) everyone else is right on the pace and could win a race given half the chance. That said I think the Supra looks to be very much in the mix at Spa, and probably going to be a PITA to pass.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I hope so Luke!! Ran some more laps last night with Nat and was pretty happy with my pace based on what we did the other night ;). Middle sector still a nightmare, and with the extra speed of the GTRs and HSV I just hope I don't get belted out of the way in the twisty stuff.
    skywalker likes this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Exactly hat
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    UPDATE AS TO THE WEATHER FOR ROUND 4. THE RACE WILL COMMENCE AS IT DOES IN THE REAL WORLD EVENT.... ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I'm sorry but I think it has made a difference, just look at the lap times in our div last week, it was only Bryan's driving that got him second in the race but his fastest lap was way off compared to the other races! Bryan will be worst off with this penalty as going up the hill really hurts with less horsepower, we might as well give this race to Seeeth in the HSV which is just too quick compared to the rest....
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't say it didn't make a difference...just not a HUGE difference
  11. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Ok I understand the reasoning and take it on the chin, just going to have to drive harder with my elbows out;)
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @skywalker are you starting qualifying at 8 tonight?
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Will aim for that.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That was a weird race tonight guys, well done to AO who I think has claimed the title well done mate!

It sucks my net from nowhere caused me a DNS and a DNF this season I think the title would've been within a few points if want for my unfortunate disconnect at Fuji :cry:

Can't wait for next season, well hoping there's a next season as I think we are facing a PCARS take over :thumbsdown:
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Well, that was a hugely disappointing end to the season.:(

The night did not start well, with an idiotic troll entering the room and refusing to leave. :mad: This caused a snowball effect that delayed the start by over half an hour.

I started near the back, and stayed there until the two-stoppers made their first stop. Just when I was about to make my one and only scheduled stop of the race, I disconnected. I had a good feeling I could crawl my way to the front too, like the last three races. Oh, what could have been...
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what a night that was.......if anyone would like a manual on how to mess a race up i can get something to you in the next few days.....If i was getting paid by a race team lets just say i would be without a job from about 10:30 last night....

It all started well, i qualified on the front row, second to seeeth who i thought would be very strong without any power penalties. The plan was to get a run on him on lap 1 along Kemmel straight, and lead into les combes, which i managed to do.....I carried a little too much speed through Bruxelles and that gave seeth the invitation he needed and he squeezed through, with AOC right behind...i managed to keep him behind till the run up to Blancimont and through the bustop, and from there i just tried to keep seeth in sight while gapping everyone from 3rd back......

It was all pretty straight forward coming up to the first stop, on the half hour mark seeth went in for tires and i thought i would do 1 more and not get caught in pit lane...he was only 5 secs up the road and nat was about 6 or 7 behind, but thats when it all started to turn to :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:. Thinking all i needed was a good in-lap i spun on the exit of 1 and lost 2nd to Nat, so followed him around till we hit pitlane. Then i had what can only be described as a major brainfart and filled the tank with 55 ltrs so my second stint would be at least half second per lap slower than it should have.......WHAT A MORON.....

THEN it dawned on me i hadnt done any laps in the dark.....AGAIN....WHAT A MORON !!! needless to say my lap times were in the mid 14s, and was going nowhere....at that stage i was in 5th, and made it to the final stop with 25 mins to go.....ANOTHER BRAINFART, didn't put in any fuel thinking i would make it to the end..:eek::eek:

Anyway, came out just infront of AOC at my final stop and slowly eeked away with nat and SAV3d just 4 or 5 secs up the road......didnt really make any ground in the dark, managed to have another spin at Bruxelles but stayed in 5th and realized the fuel was going to be tight.....the time went to zero on the exit of the bus stop just as my fuel ran out, and then had AOC run up my tailpipe as my car slowed to 80.....then had a full lap with no fuel so finished a distant last. :cry:

So that folks is how you mess up a podium finish to a dead last in the space of 2 hours, probably my worst ever race so apologies to the guys in my team. The little supra is still on fire in the back yard, i just keep adding anything that will burn to it so there will be nothing left !

VARDZ, thanks for the series mate, overall been good fun, pretty tough gig trying to get parity between drivers and cars but overall been pretty good. Will have a run in the next one and try to redeem myself :)

Stu
    natmanscoop, Russell and seth123 like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    doesnt sound like fun at all, but top effort to get that Supra to the front row! hopefully next time you get up and podium or even win :thumbsup:
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Seeth, didnt have the pace to win but certainly did for the second step. Ran a 12:5 on lap 4 so was expecting to run a high 11 on low fuel but didnt give myself the chance. Rookie mistakes !
    seth123 likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    i struggled with consistency majorly too, as i was on a gt6 break for the past week luckily i kept on track but as far as brake markers went i was learning them in the qualifying sessions :roflmao: i felt there was still time in the lap i set during race cant remember what it was though now :thumbsdown:
  20. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

By the time next HTO GT series happens, I maaayyyyy be able to talk calmly about missing an easy podium, AND not watching the first half of F1 at Spa for a lap with no fuel.

Ffffffffffffffkkkkkkk!

Oh, and I made 2x boo-boos in the dark, letting @skywalker have 2nd back. Good racing Luke, had some tight battles going.
    skywalker and stucar17 like this.