GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    What a pleasant surprise! haha, turned a few laps at Fuji with Aussie yeste, penalties are real harsh, it's easy to run slightly wide at times and it really makes you pay, glad to hear of Tokyo's inclusion, I remember from the Pagnian race (I know it was reverse, but still) pulling a good lap felt very satisfying, lookin forward to it!
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Tokyo should be good anon.....now need to get a tune that works..... wish me luck !!
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Bad luck Stu! (hey, you didn't say which kind of luck we should wish you) :p
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Thanks heaps stumbles.....although being the technological genius i am i downloaded it, got a PS3 folder where i saved it to my desktop, but cant find how the hell to get replay !!!!!! Help !!! What am i looking for??? :lol:
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Stue, you now have to put it on Mem stick and then save it to ya ps3 GT5 save file and you can then view it as you would all other saved replays. Not sure of exact precess of where you save it to, as i never done it before, but some one will let you know.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks bonus will try that........see what happens.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ok, now that you have downloaded the replay, unzip it (it's a RAR file) to your computer desktop.
    Insert a USB drive and copy the PS3 file to the USb.
    Stick the USB into your PS3 BEFORE you load the game.
    On the PS3 dashboard, In the "GAME" section (where you start GT5), scroll up 2 spots and you will see "SAVED DATA UTILITY". Click on that and select your USB device... (should be second one down).
    Click on your USB device and it will have a replay icon there. Press the TRIANGLE button and select COPY.
    Job done, start your game and go to the replay facility, hit the "IMPORT" button (just above the exit and search buttons) find the replay in the list that comes up (will only be one if you haven't tried this before or exported any replays) and hit X.

That should work. Quite amusing watching Aussie slam around the track for the first 3 laps, then his connection settled down for a bit before it booted his azz outta there.

:)
  8. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Its not funny man :( everytime time i get booted, i end up getting another god dam bruise on my arse. :p :lol:
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aussie, must be some sort of bruise

Stumbles, thanks heaps for doing that for me champion.....got it to work today so had a quick look....

Was heaps going on, bad part is i am spewwen even more now at my little off with 5 to go when i was in 2nd, i had a 10 second gap back to enforcer in 3rd, then threw it off the road at the hairpin, and we both pitted on the same lap for softs.....

Natman, great battle mate, pity you didnt get a better result, your tires at the end were gone, you weren't on the canvas, you were on rims !!

Ahhhh, so many if onlys......
  10. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    ive yet to practice at oykot i'll be on tonite sometime tho...
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Sorry dude, wasn't having a go...lol. What was funny, your car was slamming into wall/fences, playing sandcastles etc etc, and you were still coming 10th or 11th...lol.

No worries Stu, glad I could help out.

I had a bit of a run with Darko, Anon and Chev Thursday night. Going to enjoy this race, I don't mind Tokyo.

As Snake said, get a lap right and it feels pretty damn good.

:)
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Yeah Stumbles, No need to say sorry m8, i know you wasn't having a go at me.
    i was just being silly (sarcastic) m8.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ran some laps last night and buggered if i know, but i cant get a lap time on meds or softs......was 2 secs a lap slower than Anon, Hosie and aza, barely able to gt into the 37s even on softs when the others were running 36s......even the laps that feel clean and fast were off the pace....

Pretty sure its me running out of talent, but when we ran the SS for a few laps at the end was 3 secs off the pace with no tune!!

Not looking good chev....i dont get how i am soooooooo far off the pace after suzuka. help!!
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Stu, don't fret too much, you may have had the dreaded grip glitch. I had it at Laguna last series and I've heard Neishy complain about it in the past. It's like the tyres never heat up. Give the router and the cache a clean and run some laps in your own room and see how you go.

Would it be a real problem if Hosie ran on Monday night in Rumbles place? I am happy for him to fill in for me at Nurb next round as well, he's keen to do some racing and he's got the Audi. Also, with such a big room, remember to reboot routers and clean caches before joining my room on Monday. Still no mic's and if things get too messy, we may have to consider 2 rooms for the last few rounds. Annoying that Indy was pretty much fine, E and Grinder couldn't see each other, but otherwise good, then last week it was rubbish central. PSN!!!
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Lets have a session tonight Stu, if you are keen mate. I'm happy with my pace, so lets spend some time getting you up to speed.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is a talent transplant possible in one session Chev. ?? !!

Thanks for the advice anon, I'm not sure if was the glitch or not....I know in the past I've been at the pointy end in some races then nowhere in the next so it is probably just a talent thing rather than anything else.
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'll get you sorted mate.
  18. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Well it looks like I'm finally starting to find some pace again (with some help from Aussie once again cheers mate) the other night couldn't get under 1:40 but now I'm getting low 1:37's-high 1:36's:cool:
  19. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

hey stop helping aza i was hoping to actually overtake another car and not just cause i pitted later.

ive only just managed to scrap a 38 a couple of times and i think its going to be slower once i adjust the brakes to try and make the fronts last longer than 2 laps.

has the laps and pitstop numbers been set yet? not sure if i missed that in the thread but its not on the 1st page yet.
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hey Dan. Yeah, it's an 18 lap race, maximum of 10 on softs. 1 Compulsory pit-stop.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.