GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great win Anon, clearly nothing wrong with the Audi for you to have a win over the mighty Astra.......Must be the peanut behind my wheel !!

Well done Aussie (no bruise on your arse this week !!) and snake......just too good....Chev well done to hold up one end of team Chew :cool:

I qualied 13th i think, right at the back with Tek, hoping that i could keep up a little on the meds and come home strong at the end on the softs......Cant say that it worked real well, in traffic with the draft it seemed to rip through the fronts pretty bad, so combined with my very average pace generally was always pushing it uphill.

I had a few good battles, got personal with flood (sorry mate, i seem to be making a habit of it with you !!) and someone else where we had a bit of door to door, and at one stage i ghosted through someone (sorry to whoever that was....Dan maybe??) in a pack of 4 cars fighting for the same piece of road....I pitted on lap 12 and somehow with the overlap was up to 10th close to tek who was slowly getting away.....I settled for 10th but then saw enforcer sending smoke signals so i thought his tires mist be near gone, so pushing again managed to catch him with 1 and a half to go. We had a brief battle but i managed to clear him through the long right hander so i settled for a struggling 9th.

In hindsite i probably should have started on the softs but with my pace the best i could of hoped for might have been 7th with the way the traffic might have washed out......i had nothing !!

Good fun though, looking forward to the burger ring as someone called it last night, hopefully the prac race results dont change next monday :D
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

A bit of an average race for me lastnight. I muffed my Qualy lap with silly little mistakes, then got tail ended by Anon at turn 1 which slung me from 2nd to 6th before turn 2. To be honest, I didn't expect too much from this race, as the car felt like a boat. After my countless little driver errors, and my endless fight with the understeer in my overweight Audi, I managed 4th. Not too bad really, I couldn't have snagged a podium as those Astras are monsters. Congratz to Anon for the win. With a decent weight and tune, the Audi can motor along nicely in the right hands. Well done.
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    For the record, Chev, I had actually been practicing with my 10 kilo's ballast all along and expected to run the weight during the race, it had no effect on lap times anyway so I wasn't fussed.
  4. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Thanks for the race last night fellas. Had a ball.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Now you're racing this series Hosie, you need to read the rules and reg's in the OP. And buy a set of Mediums!!!! Thanks for filling in, and hope next week you keep running those fast times.

@Stumbles, you're right, there is a pay rise. I'll pay you 3 times what your getting now, which is twice what I get, but turns out to be same total amount and is the roundest of all numbers.

Happy with the win, but must say I had a lot of things go my way. I unintentionally and unknowingly bumped Chev on T1, Snake pitted TWICE and still came third, and Aussie's pit strategy turned out to be the wrong approach. I was actually going to do the same as Aussie and start on Mediums, only I forgot to change my tyres before qual, too busy setting the weights. Got half way through qual and thought, geez this car is pulling up heaps better than is should...oh crap I'm on softs. As it turned out, that was the way to go as I got a lot of free air. Dirty air on this track is horrendous. The few short races we did the other night saw me nose first into a few walls just from a car sweeping across the track in front of me, or when you try and correct through a corner when you're behind someone - front end would just go light and it was understeer heaven. Yeah, the TT ain't the fastest, but if you can find that sweet spot of tuning/tyre wear vs speed, it's certainly competitive.
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Tyre wear was the biggest issue for me, Aussie suggested a few changes which really helped but I still don't know if I could've gone the 1 stop route, I'd run a 1:34.9 with the same setup but yeah, I'd have to run that for 5 laps straight on both soft stint's to have made it work tbh, ah well, not too bad considering I lost a fair amount of ground trying to get by guys on worn tyres after my pitstops, as you said Anon, dirty air was a massive :):):):):) around here, not good for the fronts at all.
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    the weirdest thing is all these previous tracks my car has been slightly understeerey now i get to nurburgring and its a totally different beast it slides so much that its using all the tyres equally i say based on a average 1:56 lap i recommend the number of laps to be 24
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Na you started 12th I started 13th :( Was abit shocked actually did expect to start that far back. I think there was a fair grid spread by the time we got to the 1st checkpoint I was 10 seconds behind the leaders. Great gravy train any way for the 1st few laps, no one had an off I think.

I got abit excited off the line again :p got caught up in the excitment and nearly forgot to brake for turn one, think I tapped you slightly in the back stu didnt really affect you and I backed off and stayed 13th.

Grinder started to catch back up after his poor start and I let him past pretty easy as I thought he was on softs.. D'oh So I found myself dead last, I was thinking tyres at this point and started to drive like a granny thinking I would burn past you all later. Yea right!

Got passed a couple of ppl towards the end of the medium stint. Wacked on the softs with about a 4 second odd gap on stu. I thought for sure he would reel me in. Caught grinder and I knew my tyres would better :p Once I got passed him I managed to get a gap on stu. Cool stu will lose a little time passing grinder (if he can)...good for me.

2nd last lap came around turn 1 with enforcer just getting back on the throttle after his off. So I just drove around him leaving him between stu and I, so the pressure was off as I watched there arrows battle on track.

Congrats Anon perfect drive.

Nice drive for 2nd Aussie

Well done snake on the 2 pit and still podium, when u passed me I didnt even know you there until you were right next to me, I was actually trying to pass someone so I went on the inside of them then I went "chit snakes on the inside of me......where the f$%k he come from, he musta had an off"......lol

Special metion to Hoise good result mate running hards second stint too.

I had fun even tho I didnt get a great result. I think I worried to much about tyre wear, the race went pretty quick.
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Wow, I've gotta spin on my Quali lap & start last more often, that was FUN !

I squeezed past Grinderman, Stu & Tek on the opening lap, Would've forced my way past Stumbles too if I'd known I'd be chasing him down again at race's end!
    Floodsim tagged the wall & fell out of the way (thanks Flood) - only to re-pass me on the front straight.

The Cheek ! !

That kicked-off a 3 lap battle with me, Flood, Stu & then Grinderman all trading places until I could break the tow starting lap 5. Awesome !
    Daninline's Audi was easy prey to the Astra's top-end in the draft - Hit the Rev limiter @ nearly 290km/h !
    I didn't see what happened to Enforcer onto the straight on Lap 6, looking at the replay I was lucky you had that spin & I got by!
    Enforcer & I had a Nice lil' battle before our pitstops, and Snakeism - WOW did we ever hold you up on your 2nd Softs - cop THAT ! :D

I made my stop for softs on lap 9 - 'grats to Enforcer for making your outlap count, I couldn't figure how you were so far in-front with just 1 lap under your belt!
    After the stop, it was just a matter of slowly reeling in Enforcer & looking after the tyres. I was hunting down Hosie & Stumbles for the last 4 laps, got Hosie on his Hards (SOLID effort dude, 'grats!) but ran out of tyre on the last lap, just over a second behind Stumbles.

Thoroughly enjoyable, with pitstops I somehow made 9 or 10 passes getting from 14th to 6th.. . . Bring on the Burger Ring ! !
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Rightio then. The Burger Ring, as Nat is calling it. This is Nurb GP/F, 5.xxkm if you're not sure which one.

Laps 22. Max of 14 on softs, and 2 compulsory pit stops. Good luck all.
  11. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Thanks nat and tek. Will try to be a little faster this week with mediums. I got in the way of you guys near the end trying to pass me.
  12. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I'll try not to fall asleep this time, sorry Stumbles (old age catching up)
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    hehe, no worries mate, we're all getting older. :)

Might be on for some practice later, didn't go to work due to the wife waking me up at 3am and off to hospital. Sounds like a large kidney stone, currently running tests and CT scan. Fingers crossed.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Fingers crossed stumbles, those things are painfull.
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    :):):):) yeah that sucks Stumbles, my old man had a kidney stone years ago, after they used some sort of soundwaves to break it up he was peeing bits and peices out for a while, reckons it was like pissing razor blades, not fun, all the best to your missus.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All the best for the trouble and strife Stumbles. That would be horrible, I mean who's cooking and doing the cleaning? If it gets too bad just head down to Rundle Mall, you'll find a replacement there pretty cheap, and some even have all their teeth!!
  17. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    hooraay i make a scorepoint i got into the 54.4s at the burgeringring... my softs will last 7 laps so i am all set now just need to make final boost adjustments and i shall take this race to the end right from the start.... BECAUSE I AM O MIGHTY ENFORCEREN !!!
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Good pace Enforcer. All you gotta do now is keep it on the track.
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    this track is going to be interesting, the Astra get a bit tally in 3 important spots in mid and on exiting corners, a real hand full :mad:
    had really good run yesterday testing different setups. was able to get 1.54.276 but tyres were FUBAR by the start of lap 4. and the car was still slipperier then a hooker silk sheets. :p
    have managed to retain some traction but only to have the car run mid to high 1.55's... at best :mad:
    The car got pace but its very hard to get a good balance of grip, speed, control and tyre wear..

But have no fear fellas i will not stop until get this Astra up to the pointy end of it's performance.
    So you can chase me down on the track :lol: :lol: yeah right!!!! :rolleyes:

@ Enforcer you say you did a 1.54.4xx
    but i do remember you smashing out a 1.54.200 in my lounge yesterday..... GRRRR you little :):):):)!!! :p
  20. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    aaww yeah thats right D'oh... iz forgotz hmmm... me stu aza and hosie were all in a lounge but couldnt get anywhere like a 54... mustba been paulmac slowing us down LOLOL... his constant talking making the room commit suicide
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.