GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The sequel to the best DTM series I've ever run! Starts this coming Monday, the 12/03/2012. Qual starts at 8pm QLD, 9pm AEDST. It will be a hotlap qual as we've done previously. The details:

Here are the choice of cars for this series:

Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car 02
    Audi A4 Touring Car 04
    Vauxhall/Opel Astra 00

There will be teams. You can make up your own, or put down your name and I'll divide everyone up. There will be 2 enduro's (around an hour), the rest of the events will be 30-45 mins.

Rules & Regulations:

Max Power 473bhp
    Min wt 1080kg

1 compulsory pitstop (there will be a specified pit window announced prior to each race) and you will need to use both medium and soft tyre compounds. No mixing of tyre compounds allowed (ie front soft, rear medium).

Weight handicaps will be used, ie a penalty weight will be added to cars depending on their positions in the previous races. So:
    Cars which finish in the top three are awarded penalty weight.
    1st +40kg, 2nd +30kg, 3rd +20kg, 4th +10kg
    Cars which finish from 5th and under progressively lose any penalty weight they might have accumulated.
    5th -10kg, 6th -20kg, 7th -30kg, 8th to last -40kg
    The maximum weight that can be carried is 100kg.

The points for individuals will be accumulated as per the current system, but more importantly there will be a team/constructors championship.

TRACKS:
    Round 1: Monza - 23 Laps
    Round 2: Indy Road - 25 Laps (2 compulsory pit stops; Maximum of 10 laps on softs)
    Round 3: Suzuka - 30 Laps (3 Compulsory pit stops; Maximum of 16 laps on softs)
    Round 4: Tokyo - 18 Laps (1 Compulsory pit stop; Maximum of 10 on softs)
    Round 5: Nurb GP/F 22 Laps. (Max of 14 on softs, and 2 compulsory pit stops)
    Round 6: SPA - 25 Laps. (1 Compulsory pit stop, Minimum of 6 laps on mediums)

So put your name down if you're keen. Also let us know if you have Spa, and what your track and car preferences are. Would love to get enough people on board for 2 div's, but given it's short notice, I'll take what I can get.

So far we have:

Aussie (Spa) & Snake - Team Brown (well that's an Aussie Snake isn't it??) - Opel Astra
    Stu (Spa) & Chev - Team Chew - TT-R
    Enforcer (Spa) & Grinder (Spa) - Jizzy Racing - A4
    Tech & Flood (Spa) - Team Wet IT-Shirts - Astra
    Anon (Spa) & Rumbles & Inline - Team Menage a TT-R - TT
    Stumbles (Spa) & Darko (Spa) - Team Starko - Astra
    Natman & Aza - Team Primary - Astra
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i'm IN IN IN for sure m8. and if my partner in crime Snake is in, i'll see if he want to team up on you's other rev heads... :lol:

So what you say Snake want to show these fella's us Broken hillians can kick arse???? ( and fella's it will hurt too Coz we have huge lead feet :lol: )

@Anon have you down the min weight (Min wt 1080kg) from last season of DTM?
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will clear it with the hand brake then confirm in the next day or 2. Sounds really good.

Do teams run the same car, or people run what they want ? Better check if i have a car you nominated !! I also assume its a tune series....anything goes so long as meet power and weight regs ??

Cheers
    stu
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I'm down Aussie, might be more of a hinderence this series though, any free time I get I find myself hitting up Star Wars, I'll have to make sure I get atleast one decent practice in prior to each race though, with tuning involved it's pretty crucial tbh.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you really have to stop playing with your light sabre snake, not good for you driving !!
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thats all good, i can do most of the car set up, as i still have some of the set up sheet for the Astra. I think! :/ somewhere! but that if you want to run that car again?

yeah stu its a tune series, as long as you don't exceed the regs... i'm pretty sure you can do Anything you want to the car. Have fun!!! :p
    and yes i pretty sure teams are using the same car. just check with Anon to make sure m8.....
    :lol: Use the fork snake use the folk, :| come and join the dark side my young apprentice ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! :p :lol:
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Put me down as in!!!!!1.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'll provisionally put my name down for this one.
    I need to check my garage first before I commit to joining.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Snake + Broken Hill + Arse + Hurt = F*n Dodgey as........
    Broken Hill, like the mountain but spineless and generally more gay :lol: Not to mention Sabre playing with his Snake, or is that the other way around?! Dodgey as either way.
  10. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :| :/ :lol: Heeeeey what you trying to say m8?
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Anon
    i do have SPA
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm in for sure. Have you given us enough time to get teams and cars sorted out Anon? Either way, I'm in. I will see what cars I have and pick one this arvo.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah run the Astra again I reckon Aussie, simply because it's the only DTM car I actually have, and hopefully we won't have to :):):):) around setting it up, and I am certainly NOT going to stop playing with my lightsaber Stu! I might even play with it while I'm racing! So there!!
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good to hear Aussie, and yes, by getting rid of the M3 and CLK we can run a lighter weight. It may mean the handicap system may get reviewed at some point, although last season 100kg was enough to bring cars back to the field in a hurry. Plan on doing some testing on a few tracks on Friday night if anyone is around. If your not a great tuner (and I'm not great, but can usually make things drivable) then I can provide you with a tune for any of these cars, just PM me. Or if you need a car, I have lvl 17 and 18 tickets.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, there are 4 days Chev. Heaps of time.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    For tuning and build, however you want just stick to the wt and Hp limits.
  17. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    IM DEFINATELY IN....

Audi A4 - JMSR Racing..
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK looking good. We have 8-10 so far. If we got to 16 I was thinking 2 rooms, but 10-12 we'll stick with 1 room. I assume the NOS boys are busy with iRacing atm, they have been awfully quiet for defending team champions!!?!??! Again, if you need a car or tune let me know and I'll help you out.
  19. grinder

grinder New Recruit

i'm in and i have spa and will go with the Astra..I don't have a team mate tho..
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey there Grinder. Welcome. I'll give you a team mate over the next few days. Could you send me a FR before Monday pls. I'm crossing fingers for Spa, that was a great race last series.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.