GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Funny thing was, my car didn't recieve any contact on my screen whatsoever, I didn't feel any hit's or anything, I just heard a bang and Chev was off into the sand, bit ghey tbh.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

So we can do a Max of 10 laps on softs? Does that mean I can just not use softs at all if I wished? I realise you brought in the 2 mandatory stops to prevent people doing a long haul on mediums...but still.
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I would think it be like F1 you have to do at least 1 lap on the primes. Anon runs the show tho, im just enjoying sitting back and concentrating on the racing.
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i'll be on for some practicings in 20minutes...
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, yeah I get what you mean, but the rules state you must use both tyre compounds. I am happy for you to just run your outlap on softs and go the rest on mediums???
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah Anon, thats fine mate. I was just wondering.
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    got into the the 1:27.8s at 5:30 this morning although i had to run the car down to nearly 3/4 of a tank to get that time but hopefuuly with all the lines ive learnt and a bit of aussies help i can get a time compareable to that with nearly a full tank...
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Watched the replay yesterday arvo, man there was great racing going on. Chev and Stumbles at the start, Stu and Tek, and the list goes on. Our little battle at the end was great fun Chev, how you made that car go so well on mediums I'll never know. Well done sir. And btw, I dug deep into my bag marked "90's Aussie Indi" just for you Enforcer!!

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-sQVIQcRo[/video]
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great vid Anon.....Some great racing....
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Nice job Anon. Thanks for giving me so much screen time! I was involved in some crazy battles that's for sure.
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    net work pretty good last night so not to sure what the hell is goiong on with it, :/

He He Ha Ha, after leaving lastnight tried a couple of different room (testing grip levels) went to Snake's lounge and managed to get a
    127.183 (on 1st flying lap on softs) :cool:
    1.28.312 (on 1st first flying lap on mediums) :D
    both times set with full tank and wringing the neck off the my astra, tyres aren't meant to take that sort of punishment. O'well got my wrench monkey pit crew will get some more. :lol:

so there go Enforcer catch me if you can and chase those times down! :p :lol:
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I think the Astra is the RB7 of this series. Aussie, you may be the Webber. The TT-R is the HRT I'd say.....
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I think we can all learn from some of the driving in that video, especially from you. It's a joy to cut and thrust with you boys knowing that lines will be respected and I won't get bumped around for no apparent reason.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks for the kind words Anon. Respect is a key thing to remember when racing.
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: when i first read it, was half asleep and i had to rub my eyes and read it again. first thing that came to mind "Sick Man Love" :/

yeah thanks M8, it's no good and waste of time if i can't get my crap net to stay connected
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is anyone running the stage 3 engine mods???

I haven't upgraded it cause if it screws the cars power band you can't take it off , and given that with the turbo you already have to use the limiter to meet the regs I don't want to get stuck with it.
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah stu i'm using Stage 3 engine mod. i' pretty sure 99% are too.
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The joy of the power limiter is your engine will keep the torque level linear, so go stage 3 and drop the limiter percentage. An example is a GT-R R35 TC has 84kgfm @ 5700RPM at 650PP. At 100% (677PP) it has 85kgfm @ 6300RPM. Additionally with less brute power, you can always drop the Aero numbers and up the HP until you have the right PP.

That is why pretty much everyone detunes for TT :)
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, hopefully it gives Chev and I a bit more speed. I know I need it !!
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah Stu...I noticed I didn't have that upgrade, or the rigidity improvement thing....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.