GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I wasn't involved last season so wasn't sure what the protocol is. It was a hypothetical question more than anything coz I haven't done any running yet.
    Thanks Stumbles.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ok fingers crossed after all the bull:):):):) with my PS3 yesterday and Fixing the old fatty up Again!!! :lol:
    it seem it still a little slow but i can get into lounges now so making progress on the 2nd re-build :p :lol: :mad:
    just a couple tweaks with a sleggy and i'll be right to go. if it fails me again
    any1 need new a door stop? coz thats all its going to be good for after i jump on it, sleggy it, run over it, drop kick it down the road and finally set fire to it.... did i say door stop? i meant door mat!!! :lol:

Oyeah and penalties should stay '''''ON'''''' IMO
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, penalties to remain on. That seems an overwhelming response. And Flood you may be surprised how well your tyres last in these cars, I did 5 laps in a row last night and had only burnt 1/4 of my softs - and I'm the guy who can burn through tyres at rates never before seen. I will admit I really enjoyed that element to the racing last season. A bit of strategy and extra complexity to things. Let's run with it, I will put up the pit windows with the races and laps to make it easier. If for some reason you ruin your tyres and need to pit, then you must still do a minimum of 13 laps on mediums.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Dunno if i can commit yet, will definitely be missing a round or two due to prior committments
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All good Rumbles, I think I'll join you and Inline for this series. Between the three of us we may manage 3-4 points per round. As for you team name Flood, think about it...Flood = Wet, Tek = IT, the rest writes itself!!!
  6. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Something like this aussie

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=nySFLq-mBQw[/video]
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    LOL it just wont break.... obviously al the internals were screwed after the first hit but it still holds it shape relatively well... watching this makes me sick how could you destroy something you love....
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: darko something like that m8... the boys in the video are little pip squeaks shellas and took their sweet live time to kill it good, the fury i had pent up once released it would take me all of about 10secs to FUBAR :mad: my PS3... :lol:

@Anon i'm racing Tonight m8 system is run (4 now)

@Snake have you got a set up for the Astra? and was thinking that this season for our team name....... The Mighty Lead Foots
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Thats a white PS3 as well!!!
    Those f*ckin little pr*cks.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

HAHA STU! We are "Team Chew"! Sounds like a chain of Chinese resturants. Anon, you are a genius.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Snake was on fire!!! Well done to all, superb turnout!! Sadly Aussie got duped by the PS3 gods again!!!!

Results:

Snake
    Anon
    Chev
    Stu
    Tek
    Darko (first race in 6 weeks, not bad sunshine!)
    Enforcer (need to talk to pit-crew)
    Grinderman (hope you enjoyed your first race)
    Stumbles (first race in 6 weeks, and was killing it for the first 7 laps)
    FloodSim
    Inline (hope you enjoyed you first online race - will send you a tune for next week)

Will collate the points, but looks like Team Chew has done well while the rest of us sit in the car park.

After the race, there seemed few problems with these tracks: Indy road, Nur GP/F, Suzuka. Now that leaves the 2 enduro's. I want one enduro to be Spa, but the other enduro??? La Sarthe is what we ran last time, or do we dare take on the "ring"???? Anyway, next race Indy Road, will be on Wed hopefully and put up laps.

Thanks again lads.
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    this is bull:):):):) i can't understand why i get online for 5-6hrs today have Not 1 god dam problem, and then i turn the PS3 off so i can reset and then it doesn't work WTF i don't understand

Well done Snake on the Win M8 top news,
    bad luck Enforcer on the double medium stint, you had good pace m8
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [img=ladder]http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy332/CJIanon666/LadderDTM2.jpg[/img]
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't panic, I'll add the extra rounds to the ladder when I got time.
  15. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    well my race was good untill lap13 made an average start and i swore i got a slight nudge in the 2nd part of the first corner although the replay shows it as me running wide oh well then i settled down for the next 12laps hoping to stay with chev snake etc i thought snake was on softs but when chev dived for pits on lap10 i knew this not to be the case.... i caught snake massively in the last two laps of that stint (snake going off the replay had severly chewed his fronts somehow he was the only person to have wear like that odd but oh well) then we had a great battle into pits i was rushing because my pit menu didnt come up untill i was almost at the box so i rushed trying to hurry and i accidently pressed okay before i changed the incoming tyres D'oh a simple but costly mistake so then i chased after snake hoping to pressure him enough to fall off just so i could sneak into pits and get RSs on but that didnt work i pitted for the correct tyres and ended up 7th overall good win snake and bring on next round...
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, fcuk me, that was fun... For the first 7 laps anyway. I thought I was the only one on softs a the start, not used to hanging with Chev and Snake. A bit of drafting, passing Chev only to get passed again when I screw up an exit. Then the second chicane bit me and I slipped to 4th. From there it just went downhill. Got angry and spun a couple of times, burnt my softs out to the point I had nothing left on lap 10 and spun 3 times just trying to get to the pits.

Managed a .45-something on the softs, but that was with drafting. Could only get .48's on the mediums but my race was over.

Was good fun, see-ya's next week at Indy.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was good fun last night guys...so much easier to drive than the vette, it doesn't want to kill you all the time !!

Team Chew got off to a good start, with Chev up front i managed to qual 6th, but with the cautious 1st chicane i found myself in 9th. After a few slipped up in front i found myself in 7th hunting down Tek. We had a good battle and swapped spots about 10 times till he out braked himself into the first chicane and i managed to get a gap and break the draft.

Up to 6th, and i tried to catch Anon, but he stretched his legs so i just tried to stop my meds from burning out and get to the pits for my softs, hoping those in front would be on meds so i could close the gap. After Stunbles spin, and Enforcers pit crew got things wrong i was up to 4th, and could see the gap to chev and anon was closing. I got it down to 10 secs at the end, but i gave up too much ground in the first stint to be a realistic chance of joining their epic fight.

Some great racing up front, well done snake, way too fast mate.

Anon, were the penalties on last night ?? A few times early i got caught with the extra grip and was worried i would have been pinged for cutting (once was trying to avoid contact through the back chicane) but i didnt get penalized at all.

Was good fun, chev i think we need to spend some time tuning the Audi !!!!

Stu
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    What happened to starting the race on the tire you qualify on like we did in DTM 1

Congrats on the win Snake.
  19. ENFORCER_98

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    boys ive done some research and i can just barely get 9laps of life out of a soft set of tyres depending on the min lap for soft tyres i;'ll be doing it in 2 stints... and that might also go for the mediums aswell
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I had a shocker last night. The less said about it the better.
    I hadn't played for 5 weeks or more, but even so I should have done better than that.
    The car felt okay in practice on mediums, but come race time it felt like a boat. It was awful to drive... Anyway, looking forward to improving next week.

I gotta say though, I don't get the tyre system. I think it's too rigid; rather than there being any real strategy, everyone is on the same two options so you end up doing the same thing as most the field anyway.
    Plus, if your tyres don't last the minimum laps then you're completely screwed out of getting a decent result. You either have to make an extra pitstop, or risk running on the rims with no tyres left.
    My 10 laps on softs was nothing more than trying to conserve them just to ensure I got to the end. That's not fun.

I'm wondering if DTM 1 was run before PD changed the race tyre wear rates??
    Maybe the pit window system made more sense then, but as it is now I don't like it. Then again, maybe I was just too tough on my tyres.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.