GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :| RESEARCH :lol: What happened you said you could get the distance with ur 30 sec burn out theory then divide by 2 and then give or take 2 :/ . don't take this to heart m8 but that a bit of a BS way and a half arse way to find out how far ur tyre will go, coz if did a burn out like that i found my tyres only last about 15secs so that means by ur theory i should only get 7 to 9 laps out my tyres but i can get close to 12-13 laps if i look after them if i abuse them i was still getting 11 laps at really good pace. so once again i will say again "IT UR SET UP M8 & BRAKE BIAS" but u didn't listen to me...... did u?? and it doesn't help when you fly through a 70-75 kmh corner (max) doing 100-110 kmh :/ so what do expect when u throw around ur car like that, it not going to go the distance. do admit u got pace m8 but not consistant, that my option any ways m8 take it or leave it m8. it no skin off my nose just trying to help..
  2. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah flood it hard to find a balance of pace and tyre wear now with the new tyre wear, but it a series that not only do u need pace but a good car set up.. its a very fine line but it can be done m8.
    just got to spend the time to set ur car up and that includes height, down force, gear ratio (set each gear if needed), camber, springs rate and turbo (if available) i do everything even the tyre pressures :lol: it take a long time, but well worth effort, and so much more rewarding if you get up and win.

when i first started here i pretty much thought i knew what i was doing but i didn't so took step back and took my time with my car settings and its paid off big for me, Most the time anyways when my net can keep up with me :lol: bottom line m8 is i'm much faster now coz i take the time to set my car up. if u need help just ask m8 always glad to help any1 if they need it.. ;) :D
  3. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    im talking for road indy ive been doing some tyre testing and im considering doing 2 stints on the softs thats what i was trying to say
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @ Stu, penalties were on.
    @ Flood, last season was before the tyre remodelling, so yes, things have changed. I am happy to rejig the tyre thing, let me think on it and test Indy first though. Also, I had the same thing happen to me at Laguna last series. Car felt OK, as good as the ZR-1 could feel, in practice and qual. Come race time I was hanging on to it by the skin of my teeth and only got 2 laps done before it all went horribly wrong. Pitted twice cause my tyres kept disintergrating and finished about 200th. The next race it was a different car and I was on the podium. Not saying it's all just a glitch, but I know you have pace, so it may explain it.
    @ Enforcer, will check on the laps by Wed.
    @ Aussie, Enforcer is on a controller and that will see his tyres go quicker, especially fronts.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i liked the tire thing anon, not too complicated but hard to get the life out of them. Maybe start on the tires you qualify on??? would take away the hassle of having to line up on the track in order.

just a thought for another tire rule, 2 compulsory stops with 1 stint on softs, 2 stints on mediums and 5 laps longer, with no minimal length for the stint on softs??? Just thinking out loud, so probably opens up a whole raft of problems i havent thought about, not to mention the time to check.......

i liked it though, was good fun.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Obviously in these shorter sprint type races, there isn't all that much tyre strategy involved. When it comes to the enduros though...its a different story. It may even be viable to do 2 stints on mediums for example. So I think this system is working as it should imo.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @ Stu: Wait until we have 8 cars all carrying different weights, then you can offer ideas on the simplicity of getting things underway?!?!?! Problem with the qual tyres is that everyone wants to qual on softs, but around half the pack always starts on mediums. Must admit I like to start on softs, but if I've not practiced much I will start on mediums to get them out the way and learn the track, then try and really hook in for the last stint on softs. Reason I like to start on softs is that by the time I'm pitting the tyres are worn and running similar to mediums and it's a pretty smooth transition as the braking points are much the same. I must say though, I didn't notice much difference between the mediums and the softs last night. The last DTM series it seemed huge, 2-3 seconds per lap (can't remember exactly). Last night, my fastest time on softs was 45.9xx and meds 46.7xxx, and the car felt pretty similar, which was good as I hadn't done 1 lap on mediums before the race.

Guess what I'm saying is that the amount of laps done on each tyre may not need to be as concrete as last time. Anyway, I'll try and throw down some laps of Indy today or tomoz and figure out the race distance and pit window(s). If you see me on and want a run just jump in the room.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry Anon, wasnt having a dig or anything, just a general response to some of the other posts throwing around some ideas. i know what you set up isnt easy and i was just thinking out loud.....i will now return to my box......apologies if you though i was having a go m8.......
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Was involved in some good clean racing the 1st few laps going 2 or 3 wide through a few corners with barely a scratch. A few gaps started to emerge after awhile, I still had Anon in sight and I felt I could get on his tow as he closed in on Enforcer.

Unfortunally I had a mental error :p I freaked out cause I was doing alright so I thought I was on softs, racking my brain try to think/figure out what I was on caused a trip to the kitty at the 2nd chicane. I lost anon and stu joined me, at this point of race I knew stu was faster at all corners bar maybe 1 but I kept getting a major tow off him. Every time I got passed him on a straight it was "chit what I gonna do know, I aint got the pace to get away.

Just before I out braked myself into the 1st chicane I was thinking "Dont pass just hang back and follow" of course I could'nt resist and went for the pass, cussing myself thinking that was silly I suddenly realise chit Im not gonna pull it hope I dont take Stu out. Tried my best to stay out the way, think I managed it.

From there the tow was gone just had to bring the softs home hitting the apexs, as a menacing Darko was not to far behind.

And yes I did have mediums on 1st stint.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was good fun Tek, at the end of the stint i could see you coming and was surprised when you sat on my arse and didnt go past a few times....you didnt get in my way at all, when you overshot i was happy cause i was up to 5th on my own !!

i was spewwin though when you lost anon, i was hoping to catch you and get a tow and get a 3 way battle going, but he got a break and was too far ahead to catch.

Looking forward to round 2.....
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just watched the replay, nice fight between Anon and Chev for the 2nd spot, nice and clean, both making little mistakes here and there.

And, just 'cause I can, fastest laps....

Snake...... 1:44.513 (No surprise there.. Well done lad).
    Enforcer... 1:44.754 (Again, no real surprise).
    Stumbles...1:45.154 (WTF!! How did that happen... Ahh, a tow around the track from Chev, cheers mate...lol).
    Anon.........1:45.904 (The flying Qld'er in the second stint).
    Chev.........1:46.016 (And... That was on Mediums)
    Darko........1:46.059
    Tek............1:46.583
    Stu............1:46.896
    Flood.........1:47.034
    Grinder......1:48.512
    DanInline...1:50.374
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @ Stu - I know you weren't having a go mate, I just worded that badly. I have taken what you and Flood and others have said on board and we will tinker with the setup this week.

@ Stumbles - Good stuff with the lap times, you were quick my boy. Will have to check that replay out at some stage, was bloody tense last few laps. Would like to see you and Chev on the first 6-7 laps as well, and the Stu-Tek battle.

This week is Indy Road. 25 Laps. Given the debate re tyres, we will try something new. There will be 2 compulsory pit stops (I ran some laps and it would be near impossible to 1 stop at 25 laps - only those with the gentlest accelerator and smoothest brake could do it and it would be a pretty boring race). Max. of 10 laps on softs.

So for those wanting more strategy, you got it. Plus if you cook your softs before their 10th lap, pit and do the rest of the race on mediums. So it still benefits those who conserve tyres, but allows for guys to battle and not be worried about being punished for pushing their tyres too hard early on - and allows for the undercut!!!! Also I am happy to have the race start with people on their qual tyres. Which means if you want to run mediums from the start, you must qual in them and accept the lower grid position you will have compared to those running softs. Qual will remain a 1 lap shoot out.

And remember handicaps:
    Snake 40kg
    Anon 30kg
    Chev 20kg
    Stu 10kg

Keep the (constructive) feedback coming.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cheers Anon. Yeah, I was quicker than I had been all through practice, but some drafting helps. Fastest I'd been in prac was 46.1.

Starting the race on Qualy tyres will save a bit of mucking around at the start too, do the "hot-lap" then jump straight into race, no need to back out to the lobby and line up on the grid in order.

I like the "max 10 laps on softs", if we had that last week, I would have pit at the end of lap 9 as my tyres were stuffed after some " angry driving".

:)
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

No worries anon......didnt want to piss off the host !!

next race regs look great, should be able to get on tonight for some prac laps and to play with some setups. Chev will you be around????

One half of team Chew needs all the help it can get !!
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    that looks like a pretty good spread of speed no surprise to see my partner in crime up the top, Top Job ;)
    but you 40kgs next round m8, you going look like a snake thats swallowed a bag of concrete! with that extra weight in the belle of ur car :lol:
    my best in time practice was 1.43.769(by myself) so yeah god dam it NET/PS3 WHY!!!!! :mad: :D i'll fix it " its clobbering time!!!! " :p :lol:
    it a shame my BUT F*cK net is not doing the best, coz i was so revved up to race Monza as last time ran here in the DTM, i had a awesome battle with Bonus for 7-8 laps both in the Astra.

@ Anon the new tyre reg look good m8 more rubber to burn! :lol: 3 sets of wheels HE! HE! let me at it and cut me lose!!! :cool: O'yeah NET!!! D'oh! :|
    the "Start on tyres you Qually on" is best idea as there is really not much difference in the grip and pace. well not for me TBO
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah bad luck Enforcer, after I saw Chev and Stumbles pit on lap 10 I knew I had a good chance of getting ahead of them once I put the softs on, really did damage those fronts trying to keep up with them at the start though, if I knew they were on softs I wouldn't have pushed so hard, that really allowed you to reel me in towards the end of that stint, I thought I was going to have a massive battle on my hands then I saw you pit again the next lap, what a gift! haha, sorry mate but I can't say I was disappointed to see you pit again, once I got by Chev I drove pretty well within my limits as I didn't want to make any stupid mistakes, plus I had the missus sitting next to me yacking for the whole last stint.

Stumbles, early on when I was battling with you and Chev, I gave you a very slight nudge through the first chicane, I did make sure to let you get back out in front though, sorry about that mate.

Chev, I honestly don't know what happened when I went for the pass on you later in the race mate, I most certainly didn't make contact with you from my point of view, and I race using chase cam, so I know my car never made contact with yours, that had to be a connection/lag instance imo, still, I would've preferred it didn't happen, made for some bloody good racing between you and Anon though :p
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    No worries snake. I saw you re-dress the bump, wasn't much in it anyway, all good.

In hindsight, I wish I had just sat behind Chev rather than keep passing each other, might have kept the tyres from cooking and give me a decent finish.

I watched the incident between snake and Chev near the end there, from my replay, it looked like Chev turned into the side of snake,(snake 3/4 car length in front) didn't look like major contact but Chev bounced out to the right and onto the beach. I'd say lag was the major factor there.
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    New tyre regulations sounds good Anon. I like it.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah, partly lag and partly driver error on my behalf. A costly mistake, but you get those on the big jobs.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

If it's OK with you all, i might deop in dor a few races over the course of this series.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.