Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ok fair enough Cob Most of us young guys are in a different boat but its fair game, i think its best if we change our official colour to Silver and Lime Wheels.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Sounds good set it in stone
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    When all the team threads were being made, I kept an eye out for our team thread, but no thread popped up for days.

By the time I logged on to the site before the race, I didn't even both checking because I was focussed on the race ahead. So what I'm saying is that I didn't even know we needed to race with any colour at all.

Two more points I'd like to personally raise concerning this colour issue:

1. I acknowledge I haven't been around that long, but this is my third season. I started out with #6 in both S1 & S2, and now I've been kicked out from that number. I've raced a light blue colour (which used to be chrome) since the beginning as well, and I raced with red rims in S2 and intended to keep it that way. Basically, I especially enjoy the continuation and personal aspect that comes with these things. If I still had #6 (which means more to me than any colour), I'd be happy to race under anything including pink. But because #80 doesn't mean anything to me, I'm growing very attached to the light blue and red. Maybe in a few seasons of #80 I might not mind, but the colours are the only thing that mean anything to me at all.

2. I have no affinity with the memory of BJ at all. I hadn't been around long enough to know who he is. As such, I don't feel any personal obligation to race under a particular colour, short of the basic respect due to a man who's lost his life.
    -

I don't know, I'm not a fan of this team thing yet. In F1, teammates are driving with the exact same colours and racing suits and have their own personal numbers. Until I have an attachment to #80 and the good fortune it may bring, I want to hold onto one of the only personalisations I have available at the moment. Also, perhaps why I'm not feeling the love is that the way ROOZ operates under the divisions only emphasises the individual aspect of this league above others. It's all about your place in the hierarchy - which division and place you are. For certain, this team thing is a brilliant initiative to combat this sentiment, but it might take some time getting used to.
    -

tl;dr -
    I like my light blue and red rims.
    The initiatives that are taking place like personalised numbers and teams are incredibly valuable in the progression of racing efficacy and solidarity.
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  4. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Dbn26 and myself nearly took each other out twice haha.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Damn crunch that was way too deep hahaha
    Yeah I'll be right next week, I've driven the car once so far lol but I'll get more familiar soon.

so Yea silver with green wheels sounds g
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Many of us have had to give up our preferred colours, I have used red for quite some and was quite attached to it, but reluctantly decided to change after one the other teams decided to use that combo, to avoid confusion, and others have had to give up their preferred numbers due to it being nabbed earlier by someone else.
    The team thing is about being part of something bigger than the individual and to add a different aspect to the league as a whole, while I am in no way responsible for team thing, I do think it is a good idea.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    If you're one of us, you'll take a bite....
    i[​IMG]
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im not saying, but im just saying.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Crunch If you are set in stone with your colour, why not have a bright green race suit?
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I guess I haven't thought about it that deeply but at the end of the day, its just a colour and form of personal design on a car-in a GAME.
    I dont think the silver is any form of BJ tribute, only the wheels are.
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  11. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Sure, too easy.
  12. janiifacee

janiifacee Rookie

PSN ID
    janiifacee
    Hey guys I think I was allocated to this team but not 100% sure can't find the thread that said it anymore LOL
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. janiifacee

janiifacee Rookie

PSN ID
    janiifacee
    Cool thank you not sure what I have to do as part of a team I'm very new to all this lol if there is any important info I need to know if it's not to much trouble could you please send it my way :)
  15. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hi everyone, I have also been put in BHR team. I somehow snagged a podium in my first race so hopefully I can get a few more points for the team this season. I will run a black body with lime green wheels as Dek is also running in div 4. I like the uniformity of the team within the division and hopefully along with Neemo can give those blue TLR cars hell up the front.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The first round was a bit jumbled with the liverys, but we are running Silver body with Lime green wheels now.
    janiifacee likes this.
  17. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    No worries Mustafur, I will be in team colours for Sunday night.
  18. janiifacee

janiifacee Rookie

PSN ID
    janiifacee
    What shade of silver does it have a particular name?
  19. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I am using Indus silver (metallic) with sublime wheels but something that gets you close to that should be ok, welcome aboard.
  20. janiifacee

janiifacee Rookie

PSN ID
    janiifacee
    Cool thank you :)