Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry to hear that Mus, hope you get your work work stuff sorted and we get you back on a regular basis, some times you need a bit of a break from gran turismo, after 5 seasons in a row I took a season off and came back as keen as ever (we won't mention the Mclaren though) good luck and hope to have you back soon.

Mr Hatfield is there any div 1 drivers not in a team or any other spare guys around that we could get as a replacement.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Unfortunately 'replacements' are only for drivers who have stated they will not participate in any rounds in the season. Mustafur has already participated and will therefore not be 'replaced'. However, you will probably get a new driver anyway from the team-less ones who drive next round (I may put in a helping hand with the random generator since it was your Captain) ;)
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just a quick heads up to all this season's team Captains.
    Depending on the final entries for season 3's BJH ROC, there maybe a wildcard spot given to the winning team this season.
    It will be given to the best performing team member not already qualified. I.E. finishes second in his (her) division.
    If there are more than one driver in this position, it will come down to points. If by a miracle that doesn't decide it, it will be at the team captains discretion as to who gets the drive.

Make sense??o_O
  4. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok Dudes and Dudette, this weeks breakdown goes like this;

Div 1
    Mustafur - 11th (Surprise and much welcomed return but sadly out of practice 10th in both races)
    Zamps - DNS
    GTP-McsQ - DNS (still not seen on forums or anywhere since July 29)
    Div 2
    Crunch - 4th (4th in the first race and 3rd in the second)
    CobMcCool - 5th (10th and last in first race 1st in second race)
    Div 3
    Sparklehead83 - 14th (unfortunate DSC in race 1 and 11th in the second race)
    Div 4
    SPL_Racing - 8th (cant find individual race results but indications are there was some lag issues etc.)
    DekGT5Mad - 11th
    Neemo - DNS
    Div 5
    Smiddy - 10th (10th and DSC'd in race 1 and 8th in race 2)
    Div 6
    Alfa_00QGT - 8th (new to the team sorry I missed last week 8th in first race 6th in second)
    Colin-50 - 9th (9th in the first race 10th in the second)
    Janiifacee - 11th (11th in both races)
    REM700 - DNS (still not seen)

JAG - DNS (still not seen, PS3 problems?)

Joker for this round was SPL_Racing

Our best turn out yet with 9 out of 14 racers showing up although our results weren't spectacular, you've got to be happy with the improvement in the number of participants.
    It seems this weeks problem with the network was lag, I know it can be frustrating to have your race totally ruined by being lag punted by someone, (it happened to me in race 1 TWICE!!!!) but I do ask that we all be patient and not let frustration get the better of the situation, we all know that the PSN/PD servers are far from perfect. That being said, I've found that limiting (by that I mean totally eliminating) the use of the internet by others connected to your router while your racing does more than anything else to stop lagging, but this will only work with how others see you, if others in your race have their wife checking their facebook account or someone else streaming or downloading something they will lag, regardless of the speed of their connection. I know this may not be possible for all to do, but if efforts are made by all participants to help the situation it can only benefit all of us. It is only for an hour on a Sunday night. There is also some great info in the forums on the subject also. Hopefully after this weeks issues we will see and improvement in network stability, I know the worst culprit in Div 2 is aware that he is lagging and is also aware of the consequences of his lag to other racers and hopefully he is doing something to rectify it. But please understand, at the time these people have no idea that they are lagging so don't be too hard on them.

Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    stucar17, SPL Racing and Anon666 like this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I qualified on the front row in race 1 and lasted 3 corners before being lag punted into the wall. But... I was handed victory at grand valley due to a dsc so swings and roundabouts! Just makes me more keen for next week. Dek took it pretty hard though, I hope he will reconsider his hiatus. I think I got 8th in the first race and 9th in the second race giving me 8th overall.
  6. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    G'day guys,
    I have just been added to BHR, looks like I am the only div. 5 guy in our team. Going off what I have read colours are silver with green rims, is that correct? Is there an exact colour ? Just to let you guys know I will only be able to race at brands hatch and nurburgring due to work commitments

Cheers
    Smiddy
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey Smiddy welcome to the team! Any silver for the body should be fine and lime green for the wheels, if you're like me and don't have a lot of paint chips at your disposal you can buy a set of "Rays" mags from the wheel shop that come in a lime green colour. It's cheaper and easier than finding a car in that colour and buying it for the paint chip. Do us proud in Div5
    Smiddy_11 likes this.
  8. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    Cheers Spl ill try to do my best, there is some stiff competition in div 5
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah it seems that way no matter what division you are in. when you look at overall lap times there is nothing between div2 and div6. Makes for some great racing though.
    Smiddy_11 likes this.
  10. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Welcome aboard Smiddy, we now have someone in every division which can only be a good thing, we have good potential across the whole team but we have been somewhat unlucky so far with some network issues, DNS's and race incidents (ie; lag punts etc), so hopefully we can turn our fortunes around and get some good results.
    I will have to update this weeks results due to some protests being upheld and changing the outcome of the Trail Mountain round, I think I've been dropped a position due to events in my div which had nothing to do with me and that I got no benefit from (I had already been lag punted into oblivion), if this happens to anyone you have my sympathies, but don't get too upset the mods are only trying to achieve the fairest outcome for everybody and sometimes you may get dudded, but next time you may benefit, so relax, its all karma baby.

Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    SPL Racing and carn_the_pies like this.
  11. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    This weeks results post amended,
    As it turns out Div 2 is the only one effected in regards to our team results that I can see (although some may have changed earlier in the week) with Crunch and I swapping places so no change overall to our points haul this week.
  12. Smiddy_11

Smiddy_11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Smiddy_11
    G'day guys,
    Unfortunately I will. It be racing tonight, I have got Father's Day commitments
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey all... Sorry to hi-jack your thread but the HI-TEC OILS GT SERIES is coming soon. The 6 cars available for season 2 are GT300's RE AMEMIYA RX7 & SUBARU BRZ. GT3's SLS AMG GT3, AUDI R8 LMS, BMW M3 GT2 & NISSAN GTR GT3. The BHP to equalize them is close to being finalised but not quite. So have a chat to the guys amongst your team as it would be desirable if you could form a team with 1 from each division ( gold div1, silver divs 2 & 3 & bronze div 4,5 & 6) and run as a factory team( same car same livery)by all means this doesn't mean you are restricted to entering with your league team. start date is after BJH ROC on the 12/10 and has a 99.9% probability that it will be on sunday night 19/10. If you didn't see or hear about season 1 it's a cracking series enjoyed by all.
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok groovers, sorry about the delay but I was waiting on the results of protests but I can wait no more, this weeks breakdown goes like this; (be aware results may change)

Div 1
    No starters at all this week
    Mustafur - DNS
    Zamps - DNS
    GTP-McsQ - DNS (still not seen on forums or anywhere since July 29 I think we can write him off)
    Div 2
    Crunch - 3rd (finished 4th gains a place due to protest being upheld, protest nothing to do with him though)
    CobMcCool - 4th (I think after penalty applied, crossed the line 1st then demoted due to protest)
    Div 3
    Sparklehead83 - 12th
    Div 4
    SPL_Racing - 4th (good effort with little practice, proof you don't have to be the fastest on track to get a good result)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS
    Neemo - DNS
    Div 5
    Smiddy - DNS
    Div 6
    Alfa_00QGT - 6th
    Colin-50 - 9th (retired on lap 6)
    Janiifacee - DNS
    REM700 - DNS (still not seen I think we can write him off also)

Joker for this round was Crunch630

Not a great turn out this week, but I think most teams would have been as effected by fathers day commitments as we were with no starters in Div 1 or Div 5, and only 6 of 15 drivers taking part, but still some pleasing results from those who attended with some good points scattered across the divisions. This weeks issue, (at least from my standpoint) is protests, since joining ROOZ back in 2011, this week I had my first and hopefully only protest lodged against me, (or have I lodged one against anyone else for that matter), The result of which was upheld, which I have no problem with at all, the Mods made their decision and I'll happily abide with that.
    Please note that the following has absolutely nothing to do with my experience this week;
    While I in no way begrudge anybody at all the right to protest certain incidents which are bound to happen in our chosen hobby/sport/game. The issue with protests I feel is motivation, while some protests (probably most) are lodged by drivers who feel that an incident has robbed them of a better finishing position than the one they achieved and as a result lodge a protest in order to have themselves promoted up the finishing order, and for the remainder of the race they still drove hard and got the best result they could. I feel this is perfectly fine if that is your motivation.
    Then there are the other protests, that seek to punish drivers without improving the complainants position whatsoever, if a driver is REPEATEDLY behaving like an absolute tool during a race to gain positions, but the overall result of a protest won't effect your overall result, then once again I feel this is OK.
    Then there are the protests that I feel are lodged purely out of spite or frustration, this would be a situation where a driver may not be having as good a race as he thought he would be and an incident has occurred (be it accidental or otherwise) and the complainant then proceeds to put in a less than committed effort for the remainder of the race to gain the best result for himself, or worse still rage quits, then afterwards lodges a protest that only seeks only to punish the other driver knowing that a protest will not improve their own final standing but will just bring someone elses down. These are the protests that I feel deserve closer scrutiny, bearing in mind that the Mods judge each incident in isolation, I think that individual drivers need to step back take no immediate action, ask themselves a few questions before lodging a protest and do such things as;
    1. wait a minimum of 1 hour post race before lodging a protest, let things cool down ( I think this should be mandatory)
    2. do not post anything in chat post race regarding the incident (we should all know this anyway)
    3. save and view a replay (if possible) BEFORE lodging a protest.
    4. ask yourself was the incident deliberate or accidental.
    5. ask yourself did the incident REALLY effect the outcome of my race.
    6. did I put in any effort to overcome this setback or did I give up or worse still quit.
    7. is my motivation to protest based on spite or frustration or do I feel I have a genuine grievance.
    8. is my motivation to protest improve my result or just ruin somebody elses.
    Once again I will state this has nothing to with my own experiences, and it is everyones right to protest if they see fit, but I think the above could be applied to keep the number of protests to a minimum and to curtail any possible feelings of ill will across the league.

Cheers
    stucar17, Crunch and SPL Racing like this.
  15. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yep, just like the quote I put in my signature. Fully agree. There's just no point causing a fuss unless you genuinely were hurt in your finishing position.
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Well guys and girl, thankfully it looks like there were no protests this week, so I can get to this weeks breakdown a bit sooner;
    Div 1
    No starters again this week
    Mustafur - DNS
    Zamps - DNS
    GTP-McsQ - DNS (still not seen on forums or anywhere since July 29, written off)
    Div 2
    Crunch - 5th
    CobMcCool - 6th
    Div 3
    Sparklehead83 - 8th
    Div 4
    SPL_Racing - 6th
    DekGT5Mad - DNS
    Neemo - DNS
    Div 5
    Smiddy - DNS
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 3rd (scored two 3rd places in first two races this season, don't know if his points are added retrospectively)
    Alfa_00QGT - 9th (a day at the races with Anon wouldn't have helped much)
    Colin-50 - 10th (retired)
    Janiifacee - 12th - DSC
    REM700 - DNS (written off)

Joker for this round was Crunch630

A marginally better turn out this week, getting our attendance to 50%. And not a great week results wise either with only one driver getting on the podium and the rest of the results scattered up and down their respective leader boards, but don't get too disheartened, of the 4 divs in which we have regular drivers we have people in the top 3 of two of those divisions. So the way I see it with the way our attendance has been we are punching well above our weight and still scoring well, but just being outscored by sheer weight of numbers by the other teams.
    Speaking of numbers our team has grown once again and I would like to welcome Alfa and Killercarlcox to the team, (I don't know if they're aware of it but welcome aboard anyway) the more the merrier and we need all the help we can get.
    After last weeks rant I was glad to see no protests this week (that I'm aware of), but that's not to say (at least in my race) that the standard of driving and sportsmanship was that great either, and some were very lucky to escape without penalty, I've already posted on this issue in the Div 2 thread, so I'll keep this weeks rant short and sweet (crowd cheers wildly) and just repeat what I said there, it is in the rules and regulations for the league (I just don't know where to find them on the new site) but here is a reminder: IF YOU KNOCK SOMEBODY OFF LINE THROUGH A CORNER AND FORCE THEM WIDE THEN GAIN THEIR POSITION YOU ARE TO REDRESS IT AND GIVE THE POSITION BACK, I know that you all are probably well aware of this and would drive accordingly but I think the more we are aware the less protests would occur.

Good luck this week everybody, have fun and don't get cranky...... that's my job.

Cheers
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @CobMcCool I would like to say you seem like a very good Captain!
    Also yes, points for members assigned to a team mid season are added retrospectively so he scores for his team in all his results past present and future for this season.
  18. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Thanks for the kind words Mr Hatfield I'll do it until we get a div 1 driver on board who wants to be captain and control this unruly mob
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok peoples, here's all the news that's fit to print;
    Div 1
    No starters again this week
    Mustafur - DNS
    Zamps - DNS (taking a bit of a sabbatical from GT6)
    GTP-McsQ - DNS (still not seen on forums or anywhere since July 29, written off)

Div 2
    CobMcCool - 4th (not very fast but stayed out of trouble)
    Crunch - 6th

Div 3
    Sparklehead83 - 12th

Div 4
    SPL_Racing - 6th
    DekGT5Mad - DNS (was in practice room through the week, and looking good but no start)
    Neemo - DNS (MIA)

Div 5
    Smiddy - DNS (MIA)

Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 4th (equal top finisher again, very consistent)
    Colin-50 - 10th (retired, no sound - nice work PD in one update they stuffed two things that were OK beforehand)
    Alfa_00QGT - DNS (MIA)
    Janiifacee - DNS (MIA)
    REM700 - DNS (written off)

Joker for this round was SPL_Racing (DekGT5Mad was nominated but failed to start)

As this season draws to its conclusion it appears that interest is starting to wane, with only 6 of 16 starters and only 5 of 6 finishers. But I suppose I can only realistically expect around 9 starters, so when you put it into that context 6 out of 9 starters is not that bad. It seems there is no controversy or protests again this week and everything is peaceful in Rooz land.
    What I can throw at you all this week is not to get to wrapped up in outright lap speed, consistency is probably more likely to get you a fair result (but both would be good). To put things in perspective and using last weeks fastest laps as a guide, The top 15 fastest drivers were covered by a 1 second gap, the next 37 fastest drivers were also covered by a 1 second gap, so as you can see lap times can be relatively even across all the divisions. I think that maybe finding a time you're comfortable with and be able to do that time consistently and stay out of trouble and on track, you should be able to pick up a good result. I can only say this because it was what I had to do this week as I had absolutely no lap speed at all, so I chose a lap time that I thought would be reasonable race pace and tried to stick to that even as the tyres started to go off (not that they did really at RBR) and with a bit of luck I still bagged a 4th place finish. I feel that if I had tried to go flat out every lap, I would probably have binned it and still not have been overly quick anyway. Just something to think about and try not to get disheartened when you cant post superfast lap times, a race is a lot longer than 1 lap. (unless like this week it's only 5, but they're very loooooooong laps).

Good luck gentlemen, and lady.

Cheers
    SPL Racing likes this.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm with Hatfield, I think you have done a great job as captain coming in as a late replacement, if you have a good race on Sunday you might just be the Div 1 driver we will be following next season. I'm stoked that my mate killerkarlCox was put in BHR as it took me a while to convince him to join up, he has been very consistent and just quietly I think he is odds on to take out the Div 6 race this week at Nurburgring. I'm pretty happy with my first season and I hope I will be racing for BHR next season, I kinda like being in the underdog team and sticking to the big boys like TLR. If we can get drivers in all divisions next season I think we can bag some decent points and be very competitive in the teams championship. Good luck to everyone on Sunday.