Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah, that'll make it easier to spot himo_O
  2. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok guys and girl, this weeks breakdown goes like this;
    No idea if anyone was nominated to be the joker this week.

Div 1
    Zamps - 9th
    Mustafur - DNS
    GTP-McsQ - DNS (not seen on forums or anywhere since July 29)
    Div 2
    CobMcCool - 1st
    Crunch - 12th
    Div 3
    Sparklehead83 - 13th (couldn't get into room but awarded equal 13th for trying)
    Div 4
    SPL_Racing - 1st
    Neemo - 5th
    DekGT5Mad - 7th
    Div 6
    Janiifacee - 9th (PS3 :):):):) itself but awarded 9th for trying)
    Colin-50 - DNS
    REM700 - DNS (still not seen)

JAG - DNS (still not seen, PS3 problems)

We should get a good points haul this week with a couple of wins and some consistent results as well and a couple getting points for attempting to get into rooms on what was one of the PSN/PD server nights I have seen yet. We had better participation this week with 8 out of 13 racers taking part (compared to last weeks 5 out of 10) thanks to the newbies who all either attempted or did take part and Congrats go out to SPL for bagging the Div 4 win and Neemo and DekGT5Mad for improving their results from last week. If we keep improving from week to week we might be able to shake things up a bit in the teams championship.

Cheers
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks Cob, congrats on your div 2 win. Good points for BHR in round 2. Is the joker a random thing or something we should look at each week based on practice pace and see where out best chance of bagging points across divisions will be?
    janiifacee likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @CobMcCool I haven't heard from @Mustafur for a while so if you would like to be sub-captain, you can nominate the joker until I hear back from him.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

congrats to the lads who got a good haul of points in. gotten slow now, hopefully readjust a bit more during this week to run a bit higher.
  6. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I guess I can unless zamps wants to do it, I assume that we have had no jokers nominated since this thing started.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    sorry guys been quite busy, i don't mind if someone wants to be sub captain.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You seem to be the most active team member for BHR so it would be fitting for you to be sub-captain.
    Crunch likes this.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yea im not bothered tbh, u go cob
  10. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I would gladly put my hand up for the wildcard at Trial Mountain or Nurburgring as they are my two favourite tracks and i'm pretty confident that I can get some good points at either of these tracks.
  11. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Alright, I'll do it then, as far as the joker nominations go I'll keep that under wraps until after the round is complete, so as not to place any undue pressure on an individual or give other teams a heads up as to who is racing for double points, not that it should matter but I think it works better this way.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    PM me with the joker pick before the race on Sunday and if @Mustafur hasn't sent a joker then we will go with your pick
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Although all those reasons are all valid, I disagree. For me anyway, I know what tracks I've got the best chance at, and which ones that I'm finding to be a real problem. Deep Forest is my favourite track in the whole game, and I went very well there. I knew going into the round that I was fighting for at least a podium. You just know in your gut from practice pace.

In addition, pressure and expectation helps me a lot. It means there's no excuses to do your best. Like when I told everyone back in Grade 10 that I was going to do my speech without palm cards, and all the other kids thought I was top shiz. On the eve of the presentation I almost got cold feet and wrote up palm cards, but I knew that I'd told everyone that I'd be awesome. So I couldn't back down and renege on what I said. It made me get scared sh*tless, and I vomited my breakfast up that morning (just like I now do before every moot, lol). But I stood up there and did it without any speech, and just needed aid from the powerpoint twice. Everytime I do a presentation now, I tell everyone who'll listen that I'm doing a particular thing, or I just won't do it.

I league race primarily to test and stretch my psychological stamina (which lost me the first round, fyi), and I think it's invaluable for everyone to push themelves in every aspect of life. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that A+ in my speech, and I wouldn't have gotten with many girls if I didn't have the balls to approach them randomly at university.

What I'm saying is, just picking someone who looks on form from previous rounds can't be the best way to go. I think someone from the team should elect each round.
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Listen mate, you seem to want to go the exact opposite of anything i say, it's not all about you, while I am quite open to suggestions this is the way it's going to be, you seem to be big on putting you're own ideas forward but not following what is laid out plainly and simply by others for you to adhere to, I didn't see you sticking your hand up for the job or do anything else constructive, just someone being anti for the sake of it, which I don't have the time or patience to deal with.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Crunch @CobMcCool I think you guys just need to cool down. Crunch did not say anything bad about your ideas cob, he just said he did not agree (to which he is entitled) and gave his own opinion (which he is also entitled).
    It's all text guys, that makes context harder to see.
    Crunch was only saying he does well under pressure. So maybe he should PM cob and musty the tracks he considers himself great at with his PB's and then they can decide if he will be the wildcard.

^^IMO
    Stumbles likes this.
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one, all he talked about is what's good for him, what he likes, and I never said I was picking anyone on form from previous rounds, that was his assumption. Let's move on shall we
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The thing is, it's supposed to be a team thing. If you change something major just to suit someone's egotistical benefits, things certainly aren't going to run smoothly.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    lol, dunno whether to really reply or not. Why would I go against things said for the sake of it? I'm just stating my opinion on issues.

-I don't want to change my livery.
    -I don't think the idea of a 'mystery' wildcard is the most effective.
    -I don't want to be the sub-captain either, so what method you take to pick joker card drivers is ultimately up to you/the team. And as part the team, I'm stating my opinion. I think electing is a better system.

Dunno why an issue is being made out of nothing.
  19. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yes you want to look like an individual and not part of a team (your choice and it's wrong that's my opinion)
    So called mystery wildcard, opinion noted. Joker can be discussed at any time but the final selection will not be public knowledge.
    The selection of joker nomination is done through a combination of what I read here on the forums by all members of the team and what I see personally on the track, this can be somewhat time consuming, so unless all our team members are prepared to do the same I don't see how electing each weeks joker would work without all members accessing the same information, which I honestly don't think everybody could be bothered or have the time. That being said team members are encouraged to input any helpful information in this thread, but as stated earlier joker nominations will not be public knowledge.
    Crunch likes this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ok sorry guys but I'm going to have to withdraw, last weekend was my last legitimate chance at racing for the season but it got delayed so I'm basically out at this point, cob you'll be full captain at this point and feel free to get a driver to replace my spot in the team.

I may be getting a redundancy at work soon but untill that happens my roster isn't going to allow me to race anything on a consistent basis.

It was probably a bad idea to accept the team captain at the start of the season and it's not the best way to represent Bruce's team but I thought with a good driver selection like last season(where i missed all the races but we still won)we could still have a chance to win.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 and JonoStan96 like this.