GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    anon it was 1:44.949 not 1:54s LOL
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Count me in Anon,should be interesting :lol:

I have Spa and would really like for it to be included, it's $7 ffs!
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Looks like I'll have to get spa, love the track. Haven't bothered with any of the DLC so far.
  4. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Should be there on Monday night, unless my games from OZGameshop arrive.
    Stumbles what car are we gonna use.
    Yes i have Spa and would love to race around there.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I have spa too btw.
  6. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I didn't get on last night, will have a look today... Hopefully. Any preference Darko???
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Anon
    yeah just thought i'd let ya know m8, I've FIXED my PS3 and will still be running in the series.
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Not having touched GT5 for the last 4 weeks i don't think it really matters what i use, still gonna suck.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hehe, we'll be the mobile road-blocks then. I'm in the same boat, haven't turned a wheel for over a month.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    At least you guys can still use your wheels...

Anyway, good to hear Aussie and Inline said he was keen. I guess the question on Spa is...Does anyone not have it???

Also 2 questions, I know it's late notice. Are we willing to try no penalties? Is everyone happy to have the 2 compounds again? That is, like last DTM, there was 1 compulsory pit stop and you had to use both med and soft compounds during the race. And there would be the pit window again eg for this race, 23 laps in total, pit at 10 laps on if you start on soft and 13 for medium. Thoughts???
  11. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'd rather leave the penalties on, I think it makes everyone drive that little bit more careful... Yeah, mistakes happen and you miss your braking marker and get slammed with a 10 second penalty (I just did it in practice...lol), simple answer, dont miss your braking marker. With no penalties, people will leave it to the last millisecond to brake and still get away with it.

2 tyre compounds worked pretty well last time, I'm happy to go with it again.

:)
  12. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Agree with Stumbles, worked well last time don't see why we need to change.
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Fired up GT5 for the first time in weeks just now.
    I checked my garage and have the Opel Astra and the TT. I dont have a preference on which I race, so unless my teammate does put us down for either Anon.

Question about the pit windows; if like in your example I start on softs and pit window is lap 10, whats the go if my tires dont last and I need to pit before then?
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Darko...I think it will be set up so you must do a set minimum number of laps on the mediums..and you can do whatever you like for the remaining laps.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ill check tonight as it looks like were team mates, I just had a quick look and ive only got the opel astra. We'll go that if ok.
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I dont have it but im willing to get if everyone else has it, so it can be added at some point in the season.
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I've got Spa, was practicing there yesterday for the race at the Nurburgring, hahaaa! oh and I most certainly think that penalties should remain "ON".
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim

Sure thing.
    Team Wet IT-Shirts will be in the Opel Astra.

LOL, where did this name come from??
  19. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I got the track pack yesterday, just need to install it when I jump on this arvo. Can't see that taking long seeing as I've already raced around the track in the past.

Only managed some mid .47's yesterday, I'll try and keep out of everyone's way during racing. Enforcer dropped into the mid .44's and says .43's are a definite possibility
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    10 laps of Monza on softs is easily done flood, I was even managing it using the controller yesterday with the reduced throttle control that it offers.

If you DO destroy them, you'll have to pit and then pit again to do the minimum 13 laps on the medium tyre. You could put the mediums on and then pit at the end and finish off with the softs. We ran the entire season before and it all worked pretty well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.