GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Why Rumbleshorts? Just use the engine limiter and wind back the bhp to 128. I'd guess mostly everyone has thrown all the upgrades on the car & used the power limiter to bring down the bhp. Am i missing something? If so, dont buy another just send me a FR & I'll send you a new one built & tuned.

Tried tuning the Elise tonight, and managed to add half a second to my lap times?? That little beast can bite.
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Full upgrades means full HP, take off some and then a different base-line tune, I have been tuning/testing my car based on 133BHP without negatives. Now it has changed, I have to throw out my trans setting and shift points and start again. As I said tho; I was eating pancakes when I saw the change so all is good!

And yes, that Lotus is a bad-arse!

P.S: COmpared to you seasoned ppl, I prolly suck so my arguement will likely be moot :p
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Just wind the limited back dude, no harm in it.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I am not cranky/pissed off about it, I just don't quite understand why it has happened after the first race date has been announced :) I'll be able to retune in time anyway, so no worry on my part :)

PS: I am only new here so my perspective/opinion probably doesn't count too much yet (and not overly miffed that it has been modified as stated earlier). It is really more just a curiosity as to why it has occurred so late. Ultimately, I will likely suck so the argument is probably moot :p

PPS: Sorry if I am sounding like an arse.
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sometimes it happens. I'm not sure why either, but you just roll with it.

Clearly you take the tuning stuff pretty seriously, which is good, you probably have a wealth of knowledge.
    I personally don't see losing 5hp making that much of a difference, so the regulations change doesn't phase me at all.
    Then again, my "tune" (i use that word loosely) will most likely be figured out during practice lol.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm gonna do a quick test today sometime. What sort of times are people getting in the two cars?
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Apologies again Rumbleshorts, the reason for the change is that I remembered to test a stack of cars, I remembered to test a bunch of tracks, I remembered to run lap times for every car to roughly work out race times, I even remembered to wear pants for the majority of that time...but I crucially forgot to check the Bhp limits that are in the race settings for online races. I knew PP went up by single digits, and thought Bhp was always xx3 for some reason, but it's not. So I went back and found what was the closest limit that could be set to the original limits I gave. It's no good saying the limit is 233bhp, when the game only lets me set it at 236. Everyone should be confident they are all starting on the same bhp this way.

Again, sorry for the stuff up and for not understanding your above post. My tuning skills are limited to logging onto GTP and copying someone else's work, so I wasn't aware that changing the bhp by so little would effect a tune so much. Just out of curiosity, do you notice a change during a longer race when the Bhp increases as it does with GT5, or do you factor that in?

Chev, I think the cappa was doing 17's or 18's the other night. I was struggling my elise's manners last night and could do 08's-09's I think.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks Anon.
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Ahh yes of course, I remember noticing that in lounge settings before.
    No idea why the game would do it that way, but it does.
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Anon as for the pants thats funny as, its hard 2 play without my pants on as my tackle keeps getting stuck under my clutch pedal :lol: :lol: And ur team name should be FRANK & BEANS. :lol: :lol:
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Man, that Elise is a handful.

Getting to know a new wheel whilst trying to drive that Tailly pig is quite the experience...lol
    The G27 wheel is sooooooooooooo much smoother then the DFGT.... Having fun.

See-ya's tomorrow night.
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i dont see why rumbleshorts needs to be so uptight bout a 5hp change it makes no difference to how the car behaves ive only lost 1km/h up the straight with the same ratios i had as before and im going faster then i were.... 5bhp does not render your whole setup useless and theres no need to come across all hard done by... "oh ge thanks now i have to go and buy a third capp" geez everyones in the same boat ffs
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Enforcer you have no right to complain about someone elses complaint, you are one of our biggest wingers on everything so keep your winging about your own problems.
    You have the right to speak your mind here rumbleshorts without fear of ridicule and those who have an opinion that differs have the right to put theirs across but without a condescending tone.
    We have a good open forum where discussion in the passed have resulted in a community that is one of the best in the world and our race leagues and individual races are testimony to that. So respect your fellow members right to post up their thoughts and feel free to differ but with the same respect.
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Laying down the law, LIKE A BOSS. Totally agree though.

I'm really looking forward to the racing tonight. Haven't had a race since the end of season 5; it's like an itch that needs to be scratched.
    I assume you're hosting Anon? What time will you be opening the room?
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No, just like a Moderator Flood, trying to make all feel welcome to speak their mind, but with the respect we all deserve. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
    Me too looking forward to racing again, but suspect I'll be well off the pace from little practice.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Now, now boys. My events can have spice and are sometimes under-cooked, but there is to be no flame-grilling OK.

Flood, the usual set-up is that I host. But, Stumbles is a great host and will not doubt have a room running before I get on. So he will be running the official practice room, if that's OK Big S? I will probably be on just before kick off due to work and QLD not having daylight savings. So I'll get a room going and we can all jump in and get under way.

Will be good fun lads, watch out for Team FrAnk and BEtty, we're out to do a whoopsie all over your asses!!!
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Sounds like another sweet series Anon, too bad I'm just finding out about it now, I've been away for 2 weeks and haven't been able to access the internet, still, I hope you lads have some good battles and Aussie, hopefully rumbleshorts turns out to be a beast and you can get up this time around, Chev and Aza, take it easy on the other lads eh, haha, nah, you guys won't be quick at all :p
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Still room Snake, come join the fun.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No need to miss out Snake. Aussie started last series as an independant. Maybe you could sweet talk one of the other guys to join in, or be the super sub if someone misses a week. You know you want to drive a milky coffee!!
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    More than welcome to join team Starko SNAKEiSM :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.