GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    As per above, but you can post your times here as well.
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Thanks KoAStR but unless i'm blind i don't see anyway to attach the replay files after clicking email' link under Anon's avatar.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Not sure about that mate, it depends what mail programme you're using. It'll be there somewhere.
    If you're using Microsoft Outlook go to insert > attach file and browse for you replay .zip.
  4. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    When clicking email' link under Anon's avatar i don't get Microsoft Outlook coming up just some generic program the forum uses.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oh, in that case just copy and paste the email address from that appears generic programme's new mail into whatever web based email you normally use and attach files as normal ;)
  6. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I'll just post the times for now.

Grand Valley East

Race 1. Sukuki Cappuccino '95 RM 128Bhp 590kg. 15 Laps on Spts Hard 20:03.973

Race 2. Lotus Elise '96 RM 226Bhp 645kg. 17 Laps on Spts Hard 20:12.081
  7. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Nothing appears except for Subject & Message
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    This is all i get when when clicking email' link under Anon's avatar, infact i get this when clicking email' link under everyones avatar

[​IMG]
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    For some people it works, and for others it doesn't. Noticed this myself, must be in the settings. PM sent.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry about that Darko I didn't realise that's all you were getting.

Another trick you can do is right click the email link and select properties and it will show you the email address and you can select and copy it.

Or if you have the status bar enabled in your web browser it may also show the link i.e. email address there as you simply hover over the 'email' link, but you won't be able to select and copy this.
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nope. It's different for us plebs Koastr.

The forums hide the email address of the user you're trying to contact. Those other methods you suggested only show an ID.
    Which makes perfect sense from a security standpoint.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bugger. :p Yea that does make sense. Sorry about leading you round the garden path there Darko
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Aussie did you want to run the race solo? If not I'll post up the results. Also did anyone save race 1, I was so busy trying to get my camera to work I forgot.

Anyway, what I will post is the results of the races as they stand. I'll add in Darko (& Aussie) over the weekend.

Race 1.

Enforcer
    Neishy
    Anon
    Bonus
    Stumbles
    Flood
    Chev (I was near you on the first lap Chev and your car was in weird lag land)
    Cob
    Rumbles
    Aza

Race 2:

Chev (I don't think you may 1 mistake you bugger)
    Anon
    Enforcer
    Flood
    Stumbles
    Cob
    Neishy
    Bonus
    Aza
    Rumbles

Well done to all, those cars can be really tough little nuts. Good news is that you never need to drive them again in this series. Personally, I'm looking forward to the NSX this week, can't drive it, but love the car.
  14. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah Anon, I saved the replay from both races. You want me to send it to you??

:)
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah I had some funky :):):):) going down with my car on the first few laps of race 1. My setup felt like crap compared to qualy, and I wasn't over quick in qualy either. Race 2 went down well except for enforcer and I coming together on lap 1. Sorry mate! The understeer monster caught me by surprise!
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yes I can confirm that chevs car was jumping all over the place early in race one but settled down as the race went on as I tailed him for almost the entire race after starting 4th and cocking up the start. (I had put it in 2nd gear somehow and bogged down badly and went straight to the back.

I got 6th in the second race due to coming onto the finish line and finding neishy doing doughnuts on the straight before the line, (why Neishy why???) and just drove though to pick up the extra place for what I think is my best finish yet after three big spins early (didn't adapt quick enough from the suzuki to the lotus). Overall though, best and most fun (notice I didn't say funnest, it is not a word and pisses me off when I hear people say it. RANT OF THE DAY COMPLETE) racing I've had yet and I didn't really mind either car,( much better than satans pizza delivery van, the G37, which I really despised)

Has anyone done any practice times for this week, the real world has gotten in the way and I haven't RM'd or tuned the cars yet so I don't know what I'm aiming at. (although I did notice that my qual and race times where at least 1+ seconds slower than my practice times but I'm used to that now).

Cheers
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm gonna be away all weekend, so I won't get to set my cars up till Monday arvo. Madrid is gonna be hectic though. I'm so glad we aren't doing the reverse version of that track, as that chicane is an absolute horror at the start.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Might be on tonight Cob. Will let you know what times I get if I get some done.
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Madrid is my hate track, NSX in car hate is not far behind :p
  20. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll agree with Madrid being a not-so-nice track (hate is such a strong word...lol), but I much prefer the NSX than the Silvia around there.

I'm jumping in now for some practice, feel free to join if anyone is around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.