GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Come on Snake!!!! Join in mate!
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    -

*edited *
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Let it slide Enforcer, and lets enjoy the great racing that is sure to ensue!
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

All good mate. And yes, I do factor in the change. I have only ever run in single make series so normally have to factor in run-in but in this case it is only one car type per race so will make no difference in the long run.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That's impressive Rumbleshorts. You need to share your tuning tips. I think you will be more than competitive if you're that thorough. BTW don't forget to send Stumbles and me a FR for tonight's race. See you all there lads.
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thorough tuning doesn't maen thorough driving lol

I thought i had FR you and stumbles, will double check.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah boys, I'll be on early tonight... Gotta try and slow down the arse-end of the Elise...lol

:)
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Was fun all. No matter how I drive in a private room, you stick traffic in there and I turn to goo. Always too scared of hitting someone under brakes :(

Some very classy drivers in there too, so will have to lift my game :)
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Good racing all. A little bit of paint swapped, but nothing malicious. Yeah Rumble, those cars will probably be the most difficult we are going to race in this series. The sports hards with super light cars aren't very forgiving if you mess up.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Good racing last night guys. Quallied 5th and finished 5th in both races... about normal for me... Coulda been better if I didn't screw up in both races. As Chev just said, light cars and sports hard = unforgiving.

Now, to try and get the NSX to steer around Madrid... Should be fun.
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Would it be alright with you guys if i ran the two races in my online lounge, submit the race times for both races then say add a 5-10 sec penalty to the times. :)

What do you guys think Y/N/Maybe
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah darko, just do it mate, you got shafted by your net lastnight. I even got disconnected then came back and the race was already at lap 4! I appreciate you guys restarting after that. We could have been restarting races all night to try and get everyone in...stupid PSN.
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    It was good to get some racing going again against a quality grid.
    I felt pretty rusty and thought I was lucky to get away with only 1 prang coz those cars were a handful. They weren't cars you could just get in and drive fast.

I only had 20mins or so practice in the Cappa, and practice in the Elise was my quali warm-up lap lol. In then end I think I ended up with a 6th and a 4th which isn't bad all things considered.

I was using some :):):):)ty tunes I found online, but it seemed clear others had far more grip. Enforcer just drove right around the outside of me in that section of right-handers before the tunnel; I gave him room, but it just looked too easy. So I reckon i'll have to work on tunes if I want to improve, but doubt i'll have the time.

Thanks again for the racing guys.
  14. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    lol flood that was a very slick move i made on ya.... i thought "uh oh... maybe ive been too ambitious here so it was either pass you or bust" but in the end it was all good in the end... yeah wat good races last nite aye... i got off to a bad start in the original cappy start and was fuming all 4 laps untill a restart was called so then in the 2nd start i just dumped the clutch at 8000rpm and she got away quite well... whereas neishy bogged it down i had a ten second gap but then the first corner on the 2nd last lap nearly buggered it all...

the elise race was a bit more chaotic i made a reasonable start in the elise and was following chev untill disaster struck... chev ran wide he crunched the wall which unfortunately brought him back out onto the track and it didnt go see through so i had two choices either cut the track and get frowned on or try to avoid chevs car... i was over to the right slightly so i tried to beat it but he just scraped me which turned my car around and clouted the wall but a third was still a good result considering... cant wait for next week
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You've saved me a PM Darko. That's exactly what I was going to suggest you and Aussie do for this round. We used to do it with another forum and it worked quite well. I can't remember what time we added - Stumbles can you remember the OZFM rules for this?? Let us know what your times are and I'll work it out. Apologies about last night, I pressed the start race button and then came back into the car to see you had been booted by the PSN again. We decided to go and see how you went, not surprised you gave us all the finger and left. Sorry again.

If you want to do the race one night this week, I'll happily join you for another run so it won't be so boring, just let us know. Be good if Aussie could do it with you as well.

Well done to all last night, very clean and close racing from where I was sitting. The only messy bit I saw was lap 1 in the Elise race. I will admit to closing my eyes and covering my jewels for about 2 seconds, then looking up to see I was third and slightly sideways - yay!! Results will go up after Darko and Aussie run their times.
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    what do u mean run own times Anon?
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The idea Aussie is that you set a room up as per race specs, do the race, then save it and send the replay & total time to me. We add a time penalty to account for time that would normally be lost due to jostling for positions, and voila, your team doesn't lose out due to crappy Internet or psn. Would be best if someone was there to verify room settings, which is why I thought you 2 could run it together.
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Thanks Anon, will get around to it one day this week, that's if the nephews let me get back on my own consoles.
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Finally was allowed to get back on the PS3 this arvo, ran both races saved the replays but how do i send them to you Anon or do you just want me to post my times for both races.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    There's the Replay Upload Guide on the forum. Ignore where it says 'hotlap' and use the 'email' link under Anon's avatar to send it to him instead of the address in the guide. ;) That should sort you out.

Basically you have to export the replay from GT5 to XMB, then copy from XMB to USB and onto your computer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.