GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome videos Anon! Any chance of making one for round 2 as well??
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Great video's Anon.. though you didn't need to focus so much on my screw ups lol.

The race 1 video showed the incidents I spoke about in my recap.. I am red 57 btw
    - Looking at that move I made on Stu at the top of the corkscrew, it doesn't look as bad as I thought at the time, even though I did ghost slightly. You can see him drive straight past me afterwards when I let him back in front.
    - The part where we went either side of Bonus looks awesome haha
    - And where I straightend Bonus up, I thought that was in the Challenger, but seems I was wrong.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Maybe next week.

@ Flood, I must have missed that bit where you straightened Bonus up?? I didn't mean to pick on you, but those red cars were in everything! Last lap of race 2 was awesome, Stu sideways missing Neishy by an inch!
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yeah its in there @ 3:04 in the race 1 video, but only very brief.
  5. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah sorry chev I had no internet til wednesday sorry mate I wasn't to happy myself we'll have to put in a good showing this week mate
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

All good Aza!
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    great vids Anon. Thanks for taking the time to put them up for us......

I wonder if they can be put on the front page somewhere so visitors can see what we get up to? Could be a good promotional tool for the site and potential drivers.... Just a a thought.

Stu
  8. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Okay guys anyone got any prac times for Monza need to see how slow I am, just bought the cars need to practice and tune but am very time limited.

Cheers
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no times cob, i dont even know if i can make it tonight.....in laws have lobbed and might not get a leave pass to race.....not only that, havent tuned or looked at the specs so if i make it will be a passenger......

will see what happens

Stu
  10. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Oh shoot. I just remembered this is on tonight, I gotta get home and build some cars.

Certainly no practice times from me.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Geeze, we're all in the same boat. I just got home and haven't even looked at the cars yet.
    Not in a good mood, so will just bang on a basic tune and do the laps I think.
    Bloody windy here today, a branch broke on the tree I was parked under at mum's this arvo, nice dent in the roof now... Not Happy JAN!!!!

:(
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Jeez last night what a Pain in the Arse, in Enforcers room for prac OK, in Anon's room OK, try to go to Stumbles room, got some stupid network incompatibility message and just refused to let me in, (which is odd because I'm sure I've been in there before, then very slowly got in to Bonus's room and could get in only to be disconnected from the server after a few minutes, so I gave up. I did reset router and clear system cache same as before every race I do and did it again when these problems arose but to no avail. Sorry if I held up proceedings.

So I just ran the two races solo in my own room, if you want Anon you can use these times minus whatever deductions for traffic and incompetence etc (I wasn't blisteringly fast anyway) or you can just put me last, either way is cool. I was hoping that Flood and myself could put in a good showing and maybe nab third on the ladder after a poor start by yours truly.

Race 1 time: 19:03.708 (pretty clean I think)

Race 2 time: 22:36.663 (1 penalty and a small off)

Anyway how did everything else go?, I saw everybody jumping off as I was doing my second race.

Aside from the PSN cock ups its been a great series, thanks heaps for putting it on.

Cheers
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Certainly was frustrating........not anyone's fault, just :):):):)full the way the system works sometimes......

Had a fun night racing......Sorry to enforcer and my team mate rumbles who i caused a few problems for in the first race when i ran out of talent.....

Thought i was going ok in the first race when i got into 1st with 3 laps to go, and about half my tires left, but the tire wear from then was diabolical and on lap 10 i had to pit, back to 7th, race over.

Race 2 was interesting, pitted on lap 5 and had a good scrap with darko for the last 2 laps but my tires got the better of me, or darko was just plain faster and i finished 4th.... Specked up i thought the Z06 was a good thing, BUT THE BLOODY TIRES !! :lol::lol: With no testing didnt even give it a thought that they wouldnt last 11 laps, was interesting watching everyone slide around on them.....

Thanks anon for the series, with the late start time i might be able to convince the handbrake to let me be a series starter next time round.....

Stu
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks lads, but man that was rubbish last night. Was really disappointing not to have a proper, hard fought round to settle the places. It really wasn't fair on the guys driving around not being able to see everyone, plus Cob couldn't get in, laggy-glitchy cars, etc.... we should really have a do-over, but the whole thing has left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't think I could be bothered. Bloody PSN!!

Results:

Race 1-

Anon
    Bonus
    Neishy
    Cob
    Darko
    Stumbles
    Flood
    Stu
    Rumbles
    Aza
    Enforcer
    Chev

Race 2 -
    Neishy
    Anon
    Darko
    Stu
    Rumbles
    Aza
    Bonus
    Stumbles
    Flood (Mate, I just clipped you when you were sideways on lap 2 or 3 which I didn't redress as I felt you were already gone and I had tried to pull up and miss you but contact was unavoidable - I don't mind someone reviewing it if you want?)
    Enforcer
    Cob
    Chev
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]

The NOS boys keep doing it!! Well done lads, look forward to seeing you all on the track again soon!
  16. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nah it's all good Anon, really nothing to worry about. I had a shocker anyway.
    I ballsed it up in the second chicane and left you nowhere to go; you were good enough to hold back then and let me keep position.
    Then only 2 corners later in the second Lesmo I went around again, completely of my own doing, once again it was unavoidable.

That's the worst I've ever seen the PSN/GT5 perform. Really really bad..
    Race 1 I copped a couple of pretty rude nudges that I will put down to people not being able to see me.
    Highlight of my night was breifly leading the first few laps of race 2. Definately one to forget though.

Thanks for running the series Anon, it was a tricky one.

And thanks to my teammate Cob, we would have taken 3rd in the series if it wasn't for the trouble you had... OR, if I had done a bit better in race 2 XD
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sorry about the other night fellas. There was a storm brewing and I was getting some brownouts, which was ok...but then my TV turned itself off and I couldn't turn it back on again. I thought it was stuffed tbh. I didn't have the right mind to turn my PS3 off though, so sorry if my car got in the way of the racing.
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Definitely a night to forget. The PSN was absolute crap, and my racing wasn't much better. No testing until 20 mins before trying to join rooms, so I wasn't expecting much anyway...lol

Congrats to the NOS boys, solid racing all series, worthy winners (how about letting us plebs have a bit of fun in the next series???.. lmao).

I won't be joining any racing for a while, going to do the 24 hour endurance races so that will probably take about a week on each.

Your car gave everyone a fright coming out of the last turn and onto the straight, but it was ghosting so no drama's Chev.
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Yeah CHev, think nothing of it. One lap I went past and you were 45 deg. to the wall, the next lap you were directly facing it, so on and so forth :)

I wish I had driven more like I did in that last race for the previous 3 rounds :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.