GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ha ha. Enforcer I ended up gettin a 54.8xx but funnily enough it wasn't till you left the room.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some of you guys set some quick times last night guys......I got down to 55.4 chev but ran out of talent after that, no more pace left in me!!

And enforcer, mate that guy that you had in your room, fair dinkum, i have never heard someone talk so much....I dont think he drew breath the whole hour and a half. He even made you quiet because you couldnt get a word in and thats saying something !!
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I need help :(

My tuning is fine (or at least it seems to be) but my driving sucks a big bag of balls seeing as I can't get within 2.5 seconds of you lot :lol:
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i am probably not the best person to help rumbles (cause i drive a bit like a granny on crack) but i hope to be on tonight about 9.30 ish or 10 so will try to help. I find Aussie, Chev, Cyber, snake, miki, barra and the nos boys are all willing to help get you up to speed.......great guys to bounce ideas off and clean up your lines. Also having some prac races with these guys, then trying to copy them from the replay has been a great help to me over the last few seasons....might see you tonight for a few laps in the TT and the SS

Stu
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Best advice I can give Rumbles, be smooth. I'm talking braking, accel, steering. Be smooth in every input into the car. You will be faster, and save your tyres. When steering, you must use as little input as possible, this is where practice comes into play. Learn how much input is required to take a corner, too little and you wont make it...too much and you risk destroying your front tyres. Spot your braking and turn in points early, when you come out of a corner you should be already thinking about where you need to brake and turn in for the next one. Finally, concentrate hard...it sounds silly, but if you maintain 100% focus on what you are doing, you will NEVER make a mistake. Thats how guys like Jezza are so quick and consistant.
  6. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    me and aussie had a really good session last nite where the pace was absolutely there in the cars we both got down to a 1:54.0 i think we both had a 53 in us but we was trying to hard... (i now have a headache and my cocks sore from pissing so much... DAMN alcoholics !!!) but anyways im looking forward to the race come monday night i didnt get to beat the easter bunny up he dosed the house with sleep gas and left his gifts... bastard !! LOL
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Far too much information enforcer !!
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Quick question. Now that DST is over, are we rolling back to an 8pm start or sticking to 9pm still?
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

9pm start Rumbles. If everyone is on early we may start early. It's up to Stumbles though.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll be on early (I hope), if everyone is on, we'll start early... Otherwise, it will be the normal 9pm start.

I did a few laps last week, car felt ok, but will be happy when this track is done with.

:)
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Going to my sisters for dinner so i don't think i'll be able to make to nights race, if i'm back in time then i'll jump on otherwise strart without me.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hopefully with a couple of people out, we may have a more lag/glitch free room.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Room is open boys, jump in when you want.

:)
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Good racing last night guys.

Well done Hosie and congrats to the other podium-getters.

I had another of my typical crappy races, lost it out of turn 6 when applying a bit too much gas and ran onto the grass, tried to get back on-track and ended up spinning to the other side... Dropped from 6th to last :(. Clawed my way back up to 9th then Natman gifted me 8th after mis-judging draft-braking into the final chicane and slammed into the barriers. Almost caught Stu after a spin at turn 5 on the last lap but he held his ground. (Dunno what Enforcer was doing, looked like he tried to take out Stu heading towards the finish line???).

Off to Spaaaaaa for the final round... see-ya's there.

[​IMG]
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well done last night Hosie and Chev, very close.

I was pretty happy to end up third tbh, after starting from pole I got turned almost right around at turn 3 on the first lap, I took a bit of a late apex and Enforcer just nudged me, got all out of shape and being lap 1, it cost me a lot, I fell to 7th from memory, there goes any advantage I might have had being on softs as I then had to bide my time trying to pick through slower cars, was wishing I was on mediums, spewin.

By lap 6 I was well into a battle for position with grinder, so invovled in fact, I forgot I was meant to be pitting in, halfway through the last corner I decided I'd try to cut back into the pit lane instead of lose time being stuck out another lap on f#cked tyres, big mistake, front's were that shagged I couldn't turn in in time and smashed straight into the pit entry wall, had to reverse to get out of it then enter, woops, from bad to worse I thought, this was the only real driving error I made throughout the whole race, a couple of very mild slides due to overeagerness (is that a word?) :lol: on the throttle but that's about it, after that start I was pretty pleased to end up 3rd, felt like a victory to me actually as it was the best I could have hoped for on the night, without Chev and Hosie binning it that is!
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    well done hosie!
    and to think you were worried about being in div 2 this season!
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WELL!!!!! what can i say my reputation of not making the race is getting the better of me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    as i was resetting for the race and turned the PS3 on, connected 2 the net then the F**ing power goes out for about 10-15 secs
    AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH F F F F F sake, spewin, MOTHERF F F CAR.....
    Then power comes back on, so i turn my PS3 on, NEW PROBLEM now that i have power my G27 wheel is going bonkers spinning back from side to side shacking the :):):):) out of my simulator WTF.
    off goes the PS3 all by itself. 4 Fark sake what Fark going on!!!!!. ("honey get my sleggy THE BIG ONE") :mad: by this time i was so angry the handbrake and kids ran for cover, as i was about to go into radio-active meltdown and blow my top.
    BIIIIIIG BREATH turned the PS3 on and hope to hell it worked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mad: :lol: :mad: :mad: YEAH RIGHT!!!!
    now the PS3 is not loading up after asking me to do all the HDMI thing and checking all my files to see if they were corrupted.
    THATS IT i stormed outside got my old mate the SLEGGY all 12kgs of beautiful swing blunt force smashing power...
    got back to the front door and the handbrake has locked me outside and screamed
    "cool off you BEEPing BEEPhead what do you think you are BEEPing thinking BEEP OFF!!!!! :lol: :mad:
    the handbrake turned off the PS3 and stuff... let me in after 30mins in the freeze cold and say "I was BEEPing band from the PS3 for the rest of the night"
    and dam she meant it boy she was pissed at me!!! so when out the my sun room and got wasted with my Sleggy...

O'yeah well done Hoise top win m8, dam i'm not helping you no more :p :lol: ,
    chev even with those 2 fat chicks in you car you did well m8, tell me chev while you was race What did you and those chicks get up too????? :| :p :lol:
    and snake, m8 well done on the 3RD and pole.... Sorry i didn't get there AGAIN....
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I dare say Hosie will be at the pointy end of Div 2 for sure. He drove an excellent race from lap 1. I had a few things go wrong with some laggy opponents and a weird shortcut penalty. If it wasn't for those I would have won for sure, even though at no point up until the last 5 laps did I think I would even make the podium. I managed some good consistant laps, even the fastest lap. The extra 100kg does make a massive difference to the car. The only good thing about it is that it becomes more stable due to more mechanical grip from the weight. Anyways, well done Hosie and snake. With 1 round to go I'm looking the goods, but we will see.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good race last night again guys, Fantastic win Hosie, great pace (should you be in div 1??)......Well done chev to finish 2nd with 4 hookers rolling around in your back seat, and snake solid 3rd mate, pity Aussie wasnt there for what i am sure would have been a good team result for you guys....It must be killing him.....:mad: (good drive also tek, so close to the podium)

My race was interesting, Got a penalty on the last chicane on my Qualy lap (first one in about 100 laps round the burger ring) so started last, but my main concern was my brakes sticking, which chev noticed before the start......i reset the wheel before the race, but it didnt help....

After the first few laps i was up to 9th (had a good half lap battle with flood with me not rubbing him for a change!!), but on lap 6 the brake problem came up again so i had to reset the wheel down the front straight and it cost me some time.......I bounced around in the mid pack till lap 11 when i pitted for softs, then had to reset the wheel again on the pit exit, had a good stint and made ground on the guys in front...final stint i had to fight past stumbles, and natman which was good fun, then i had a great 2 lap battle with Grinder, till i had to reset the wheel for the third time and lost touch with him. Great battle mate, lots of side to side, not one touch, respect !!

I had settled for 7th, till i saw enforcer on the last corner struggling and after i had to swerve to miss him i managed to take a fighting 6th.....by .4. (i think the last 3 races enforcer we have been split by .2 on average !!) Not sure if blocking to get a push up the straight is the way to go either E......thankfully you didnt hit me. !!

Was a fun race, think i could have pushed for a top 4 without the probs and the pace i had, but it didnt happen so doesnt matter !!

Bloody brakes......i jumped on this morning for a few laps because its been intermittent and has been clearing itself, but no good, was happening again........spewin, will try to fix tonight so wish me luck, not real good at that sort of stuff....

Stu
  20. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Not sure if I should be or not. Time will tell. Whatever div I start in I wanna finish in. For championship points reasons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.