GT5 DTM 2: The Wrath of Carn!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its ok Hosie, Just playing with you mate !! Will be div 2, and stay for season, some fast guys in there so should be good...
  2. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Cool cool stu.
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Was gonna say, Hosie probably should be in div 1 but then I realised Aussie is in div 2 also and when he actually makes the race he's usually very solid, his single lap pace is pretty well within div 1 territory most of the time, he's improved greatly since he first joined, tbh I think his connection is all that has prevented him from jumping to div 1, gonna be an epic battle between Aussie and Hosie next season, (if Aussie gets to race).

Stu, hope you can get that brake issue sorted mate, I had a sticking throttle for a while which ended up practically disappearing, it still rears it's head once in a blue moon but a few applications of full throttle and it usually goes away.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah i agree snake, there are some fast guys in div 2....topcat is bloody fast too, he was quite often a lot quicker over 1 lap than all of us (div 1 included), but couldnt get the tires to last....if he gets that sorted he will be very hard to beat as well.

As for my brake problem, getting it sorted might create more problems than it solves. I can get it apart ok, putting it back together in working order might be a bigger issue.....as i say, wish me luck !! i could end up with anything !
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That's how it normally works Hosie.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I was actually right with hosie and enforcer right up to the second pit stop, came out the 2nd stop about a second behind hosie, lost that 20 seconds on mediums. Probably should of done abit of practice on them, didnt do a lap on them pre race so didnt know how they would handle. Didnt have the pace to keep up anyway really, plus getting the rears loose a few times didnt help.

Gifted Snake 3rd by getting to deep on the last chicane the very last lap. Which kinda suxs, but hey its only a game. Not to bad a result anyway.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hope it was a good night lads, sorry to miss it. Well done Hosie!! Some interest in this yet, well apart from first place, Chev and Team Chew are untouchable. But 2nd through to mid-field is tighter than a small fisted pensioner at a dollar shop.

[​IMG]

Also, just realised I have no capacity to set lap no's and pitstop reg's for Spa. Sorry lads, I did think of it last week, and was going to do it on Friday night but I ended up going to the footy and was in no state by the time I got home. If a few people could post (or PM if you want to be top secret about your times) lap times for both tyres and roughly how many laps you can get out of a set of softs and mediums. Thanks lads, and big thanks Stumbles, the host with the most.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah sorry about that pass on the last lap tek, I actually felt a bit bad, but only briefly, haha, sorry mate, I'd actually hoped to make the pass through the first part of the chicane but when I saw you outbrake me I thought that was my chance gone, until I realised you'd actually outbraked yourself, then I set up for the cut back, struggled to get full power down on exit but still had just enough to get the job done, after that I just concentrated on not f#cking up the last turn and gifting the position back.

Aussie, you'd better get in next round lad, I'm gonna struggle to hold of the other teams by myself!
  9. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Yeah Aussie. Missed you last race mate
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah snake i know m8 just looked that the ladder. will do my best m8.

and hoise you really missed me Aaarrrrrwwww thats sweet!!!!! :lol: you trying to sweet talk isn't gunna get ya anywhere I'm STILL NOT going to help ya!!!! :p :lol: :p
  11. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ha ha come on Aussie I need your help. Can't do it without you. Lol.
    Na it's ok. I'm not in it this week. No one needs a sub. Ha ha
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I could not show up for spa and still win the championship! It's a good feeling.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Righto lads, hope everyone is still on for tomorrow night. I'm keen for a run after the hol's.

Spa, 25 Laps, Minimum of 6 laps on mediums and 1 compulsory pit stop. I haven't done much testing, so I figured we may as well spend most of the race on softs. I can see myself pitting 5 times in this depending on how things pan out. So as long as you do 6 laps on the mediums (mind you, you can do 24 laps on the mediums if you wish) the rest can be split up however you wish.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Will be a 3 stopper for me, no doubt some will pull off 2 stops and they will prevail because of it.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Handicaps:

Chev 100kg, 1180.
    Anon 50kg, 1130.
    Aussie 30kg, 1110.
    Snake 40kg, 1120.
    Tek 10kg, 1090.

Opening room now, remember penalties are on, watch the kink at the top of the hill.....
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Well done Aussie, Enforcer, and Snake on the podium at Spa!
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Close lap times btw I had a quick look at the replay and about 10 of us all in the 14's Got a 14.3 myself, think aussie was quickest with a near 14 flat.

Nearly a different race winner each round, cept Oz snagging 2. That's a win for racing, in the end consistency won the day congrats Chev on going back to back.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thank you tek. It was fun as always.
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah well done chev..
    hats off to ya m8 running with weight and all that..
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First off, Anon, Full credit to you mate for running what was an absolutely fantastic series. Thoroughly enjoyable, even though i will have nightmares and horrible flashbacks every time i see a white or yellow astra in my mirrors !! :lol:

Chev, well done on the championship mate, some very good company to race against so to come away with the championship is a great effort.

Tonights race was a cracker for me in the first 10 laps. I qualied on the meds and it had me mid field, but after a great 4 lap battle that included stumbles, tek and anon i found myself leading on lap 7 with the undercut. I came out 7th after my 1st stop i think, behind anon who was real quick on cold tires (with everyone else not far up the road), but we were catching chev , and still had my soft stints to go, where the front runners would have to go to the meds. I did get a sore neck though watching those bloody Astras drive past me down the straight for what felt like 200 times, stumbles and tek, you were a pain in the arse !! !!

Things were looking good till lap 10, then disaster...........on the fast left kink on the back straight i got my right rear JUST on the grass and it snapped left throwing me into the wall costing me about 20 secs and 3 spots. :mad: up till then was shaping up as a great battle for a top 6 finish. After that grinder, aza and i swapped spots a few times till the final stop where grinder put me in my place and drove past me like i was standing still !!

finally finished a frustrated 9th i think, even without the spin i think that 6th might have been the best i could have hoped for.....never the less, was a good race on a great track.

Again, thanks Anon for the work you put in, congrats Chev on the title, well done everyone else for some great close racing..... Aussie and Snake......man.....what could have been for you guys...hopefully more luck next series.

See ya sunday
    Stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.