GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anon, guys, apologies for tonight.

Had a call i had to take for work half way through the first race so bailed out quickly without getting to the pits. I remembered after that bailing like that can cause issues for others so hopefully it didn't affect anyone's race. Sorry if it did. I qualied ok, 5th i think, and after settling in had a good scrap with Darko (i was a mobile chicane), till he got past on lap 9 or 10, then i had to bail.

Race 2.......well i NEVER thought i would actually do this, but i parked it in absolute frustration after 2 laps. I had only done a handful of laps in it, and losing it 3 times in one lap in the 5 min prac session before the race did nothing for my mood. Qualy i was 8th, 4 secs off pole (again not great for my mood), up to 6th off the start, struggled around for 1 lap, lost the plot on lap 2, back to last by a lot, spat the dummy out of the pram and parked it in the pits to abuse my crew chief who hadn't spent any time setting the dog of a thing up.

Poor form, so apologies to Anon and everyone else who raced.

Stu
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    No worries Stu; I think we've all been guilty of that at some stage. In fairness though that Silvia was an absolute boat.

Pretty happy with my 2 podiums (3rd/3rd) last night. I built the cars over the weekend but only had 15mins or so practice in Anon's room before we started racing. My "tune" seemed to work out reasonably well.

NSX race I made some mistakes on my quali lap and started 8th but made up a few places on lap 1. Was able to make some passes on Stu and Bonus for 3rd place and then build a nice lead on those guys, but Anon and Chev were just a class above in this race and all I could do is watch the gap ahead get bigger.
    I didn't mind that car, I think it had potential if I spent more time with it.

Silvia race qualied 4th alongside Darko who put in a blinder. Beat him off the line though and stayed in 3rd the entire race. I was pretty close to Chev/Anon pace but not close enough to make any moves. Neishy was on my bumper for a few laps but then fell back.
    Anon said he was struggling with tires towards the end, but by then I didn't have enough laps left to have a decent crack at passing him.

Thanks to everyone for the good racing.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Don't apologise Stu, we've all been there. This series was designed to challenge us drivers with tough cars, tough tracks and tough conditions - ie 2 cars of different bhp on the same track back to back. If there is a car you don't like, well, next race you get a new one to try. This series so far is benefiting those who have put in time to tune, but I think next week, and in particular round 4 will see some interesting results.

@ Flood, if it was a more spacious track you would have had me in race 2, my tyres were shot front and back. I felt bad, but that's racing. I'm sure you'll get higher up the ladder and podium before the season finishes.

@ Rumbles, Enforcer - Are you guys still running??
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry about the no show lat night. Some ass decided it would be fun to trip the power in my immediate area by stopping his car with a power pole and by the it came back on the racing was probably over. Typical rain drivers...
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That was some nail biting, edge of my seat racing we had on Monday night Anon! I watched the replay this morning and noted how different our lines were through some of the tighter corners. It's a shame you messed up in the NSX man, cause that would have been one hell of a finish.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    OK I'll be the first to jump..... has anyone done any lap times for this week??? , I need something to aim at while practising, (yes I'll actually do some this week, as opposed to last week, when I bought and attempted to tune the cars only an hour or two before the race and being a bit seedy didn't help either, but the racing was good and I was happy with my placings (probably where I should have been given the circumstances). I may even try to stay off the grog the night before the race this week but I'm not promising anything, I was away for most of December and Christmas so January is my silly season this year.
    I need to do a bit more for the team as Flood is pretty much carrying the rock show at the moment.

Cheers
  7. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    For the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 RM 1:23, 1:24's and for the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 RM 1:26, 1:27's in practice last night.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Haha, we should be called team No Practice, coz building cars just prior to the race is pretty much what I do as well.

I might try get on and do some times over the weekend to see how we're going, but I can't make any promises.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sorry to say fellas, but I can't attend Mondays race. I will be over at the coast until Tuesday. Aza, mate....don't let me down.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No pressure or nothing Aza....
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Rumbles, we need to get off the bottom of the ladder, what are your times like???? If they are the same as Darko then we might be ok, but if quicker then i need HELP !!!! :lol:

Will be on tonight after 9 if keen to bounce some setups.

Stu
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Strongly advise some tuning time & practice. Did some laps with Darko earlier & this track has teeth!!
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What times u running anon?
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Aza/Chev - do you want a subby? If it's cool with everyone I can sub for Chev in this weeks race if wanted. If not, thats ok too.
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Times for me were as per Darko's post. I really struggle with this track but I would think 24's in the Chev & 27's in the Dodge will be competitive...although the NOS boys have been practicing a bit I've heard. You should ask them about lap times methinks.....

Oh, & I'm happy enough for Distuboed to fill in for Chev if team multigasm are happy with that. Are you running this week Enforcer???
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Very happy to have you sub for me mate! Just paint your cars white with a number 84 on them..so they think its me driving.....sshhhhhh.
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No Annon only did the one session and i got 24's in comaro amd havn't driven other car yet.
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Oh no!
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I suggest you don't Bonus, it's a heartbreaker.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    The difference in pace might give it away though......... LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.