GT5 The Good, The Bad, And The Tailly!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

stu, to be perfectly honest I am struggling a bit with Laguna (always have). My times are just a little off the pace but as long as I can hold onto the tarmac I should be ok.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Nonsense Disturboed! You will do fine mate. I want a full report after the race.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good run again tonight lads, I got lucky in race 1 and had a Barry in race 2. Sorry Darko, I just couldn't control the barge in traffic and you were the biggest victim. Well done to Neishy who won the round. Been a different round winner each week! Good to see! Stu is starting to get some pace and without Chev and Aza, team Multigasm became team Turbo! Thanks for joining in Disturboed. The teams ladder is a tight pack, it'll go down to the wire next week at Monza!!

[img=lADDER]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L19vNBkETm8/Tx1PFEj8lMI/AAAAAAAAAA8/hHgC9T-sKA4/s640/Fullscreen%252520capture%25252023012012%252520101604%252520PM.jpg[/img]
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Oh :):):):)! Aza didn't show??!!! Well aren't Multigasms in a world of pain now! Thanks for lessening the pain just a little tho Disturboed. I appreciate the effort mate.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good fun last night guys, some close hard racing with the usual suspects......Happy with two podiums which put me 4th overall i think ???????

race 1 i think i started 6th or 7th after a safe qually lap, and was hoping that others in front would kill their tyres or fall off the road. It didnt take long , i got past darko at the first hairpin, then followed cob for a few before he made a mistake and was up to 4th. Then i had yet another great battle with Flood, he got past through the corkscrew, then i got a run on him 3 corners later in the fast right at the bottom of the hill, back into 4th. We raced hard chasing Bonus in 3rd, then things got real exciting after we came round turn 3 to see bonus sitting in the middle of the track trying to write his name on the road. We split him through the smoke and adjusted his mirrors on both sides as we went past. Bonus finally got back in the mix, and dropped flood, so it was another good fight for a few laps till i managed to get a few secs ahead and get across the line in 3rd.

Race 2, bugger me i stuck it on pole..... :D. of course i cant let it go without saying that when you hear a couple of the fast guys abusing themselves for spearing off on their qually lap, then seeing your blue sector times, you generally hope to be somewhere near the front !!
    Anyway, happy to start from pole, got away well, and again tried to drive it nice and straight. Had a good battle with a fiesty Cob for 3 laps, but his left foot got too excited coming out of the fast kink up the back straight and he rearranged his front end on the inside wall :lol:. In clear air was able to conserve tyres, although Neishy caught up with 4 or 5 to go and we had a good battle till i made a small mistake coming onto the front straight and gave him an easy pass. I stayed with him, spurred on by his mutterings that he had no rears left, till the last lap when i missed my brake marker at the fast left to start the climb up the hill and threw it in the weeds....... might want to check the back of your car Niesh cause damn i nearly took you with me.......i near :):):):) myself :lol: Bonus took advantage too the bastard, and got by at the corkscrew, leaving us both to try to get back to neishy who was doing a lightning mac-queen impersonation trying to finish the race with no rears. We didnt quite do it, crossing the line within a few seconds of each other.

Some enjoyable racing racing guys getting back in the groove, looking forward to the season starting....

Stu
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Well said Stu, had a ball racing those 2 totally different cars, thanks Annon, 30,30,30 mr consistent.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah good stuff Stu. Glad you guys had some fun. That track is a harsh mistress. Stu you finished 4th for the round due to Neishy gifting me 1st in race 1, & Bonus grabbing 2nd off you in race 2. Was only 1 point in it. Bring on Monza.
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sounds like this last race will be sweet. Can someone film the race? I'd love to see it.
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Not to take anything away from you Stu but I handed you that one back. I mentioned it on mic but had low battery so not sure if it worked.
    I thought my move on you was a bit dirty; I had a brain fade, totally missing my braking into the corkscrew and ended up diving down the inside of you.
    Thankfully there was no contact, and from my perspective it seemed as though you did well to avoid hitting me. So, I wasn't too happy with the way I made the pass and backed off giving you the position a few corners later.
    Good racing though.

Haha, that was awesome. You went left, and because Bonus was still slightly heading to the left side of the track I didn't think I'd make it through so I dove to the right. Put me off line for the next corner and think I got in the dirt a little but that was nothing to what he did to me later in the Challenger...

Bonus got way out of shape out of the left hander heading up towards the corkscrew. I didnt avoid him well enough and gave him a big boot up the arse which straightened him up and got him back up to speed lol. No hard feelings.
    I lost a position to Cob due to that, not that it mattered in the end because I ruined my race all by myself with a few messy spins later on.

It was the same story in the Camaro; as soon as the tires started going off I just made too many mistakes and lost positions. A tricky round that one.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    haha, yeah no worries chev, was good racing. Although I did hope to do a little better than i did. Really needed to put the practice laps in on that combo! I basically ran the Camaro stock settings save for the gbox and downforce and the Challenger i fiddled the ride height and camber slightly. I was about 2-3 seconds a lap off the pace initially, and brought it down a bit closer in the Camaro, but in both qualy runs had little moments, which cost me just enough to drop me down the pack.

The other problem was that for the life of me I couldn't find my freakin steering wheel!! I mean, it was right THERE the other day, but god only knows where it's disappeared to now. I really need to find it before Sunday league starts next week. Driving with the controller was just horrible, and my tyres were gone 2/3 through the race, even with TC on 1,000,000.

P.S. For those guys who may have been in front of me, or for a very short time, behind me, how did my car look? 11 on track was a good acid test for my connection, so I am hoping it was ok. No-one mentioned anything about lag so fingers crossed it was ok.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries flood, am shattered though, thought i got good drive out of that corner, and was a good pass !!! :lol::lol::lol: Oh well, dont tell anyone ;)

Your pass at the corkscrew was fair i thought......i saw you coming so gave you room. Just look at my lap times and i know i was a mobile chicane, and i was slow there every lap, so i was a bit suprised more people didnt throw it down there as you did.

All good, had a blast !
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Disturboed I was waiting for you to glitch or drop out and it never looked like happening, look out guys connection was the only thing holding him back. So sorry flood, the 2 times i stuff up and mid track and you get affected both times, that tap to straighten me up took me from near stopped to flying back up to the tail of stue, i nearly went to far into the cork screw from right back there.
    Any way good to see you got good connection turboed and find that wheel, tip, if the wife says she didn't move it she did.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah guys last night was freakin awesome, finally got to run closer to the front of the field than the back for a change, (in race one anyway), qualifying 5th and placing 5th in race one I was absolutely stoked after hanging onto the back of Flood, Bonus, and Stu to see which one would blink first, in the end it was my team mate (dammit!!!), at one stage I nearly got close enough to Bonus to have a crack but ran out of tyres and talent but managed to hang on for 5th.
    Managed to qualify 2nd in race 2 but I think it may have been somewhat inherited due to some offs by the faster guys on their qual lap, but I'll take what I can get. The first four laps were brilliant fun hanging on Stu's tail trying to figure out how I was going to get around him, and then I forgot how to count and had it in the wrong gear through the left hander going up the hill and then bogged it trying to get going again while watching most of the field go by, went back to 9th I think got back to 7th had a few small offs and a penalty and on the last lap my front tyre wear was down to a little strip at the bottom of the display (never seen it that low before) like driving on ice, and Enforcer managed to nab me putting me back to 8th but still awesome fun. Thanks fellas

Cheers
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

yer good run Cob, definitely had good pace last night m8
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    If i knew how to i would......doesnt Anon have a capture card or something?

I saved it, was a good race, but wouldnt have a clue how to upload it to youtube or anything
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I was following you for a bit in race 1 and noticed you weren't lagging at all, I commented on it, but my mic usually gives up during a race... Obviously did again.

As for my racing last night (if you can call it that... more like sliding...lol). I was never comfortable in the Camaro during practice, ended up stiffening the rear end just before qualifying to see if it would give me some more grip... and it worked... sorta :)

After visiting the dirt out of turn 4 on lap one, I resumed in last and set about doing some clean laps and tried to save my tyres, hoping that everyone else would run out of grip... bad move. A few laps in, I was surprised to see Enforcer behind behind me but closing very fast. He pulled a great move into the cork-screw and slipped down the inside. I managed to tail him out of there but ran out of brakes at the hairpin next lap (I swear I hit the brakes a full second before you did), and slid into the back of him, sending him doing a great pirouette and killing his tyres. It was then I realised he'd pitted and I just screwed his strategy.... Sorry dude.... I stopped on the side of the track and let him back past for my indiscretion. That was the end of my race too, 8th position.... Sad.

Grabbed the Dodge and immediately felt more comfortable. Did a reasonable qually with only a late entry into the corky slowing me down. Was funny hearing the top guys all swearing when making mistakes on the "1 lap dash". Then Anon steps up, has a big lose, complains a bit and still beats my qually time... Made me feel real special...lmao.

I had a reasonable race, managed to finish in 5th, but only because Flood had an "off-track" experience and gifted the position to me.

I really like the track, always have... Just wish I could race and be competitive around there.

Onto Monza.... Ugh... bad memories of a lag moment in season 2 sending me into the concrete brake markers pop into my head... Not one of my better tracks.... Hmm... Do I have a "better" track... methinks not...lol
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I can do a vid after the race. I could stream it, but all you would see is my view. Would get boring quick. Will do some vid's as time permits.
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks Anon. A post Monza race vid would be great if you have the time.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome Anon!
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Happy Australia Day!

So many good battles, so many big offs and I'm sure I missed half of it. The last bit of each vid is the final lap antics. Hard to believe how close the finishes. Well done again lads.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=8vK7lCWIJGk[/video]

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=nztN6kF1VPE[/video]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.